Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: s-10 rear suspension

Default s-10 rear suspension

iv got a s10 with stock suspension right now and need traction help bad. im not sure which way to go yet wether its a 4 link or caltrax.i want what ever is going to work the best but yet easy enough to adjust myself.and i have a 7.5 rear end with posi and 4.11 gear and hardened axles dont know much on the rear it was already done when i got the truck.do you think its worth putting any money in ?or will it brake anyways.so if anyone has any input please leave some comments thank you
    Last edited by stroked10; 05-27-2009 at 07:47 PM.

2wd s10 I assume, find a 8.5 from a 98 and up s-series with a 4.3 and manual trans, cal trac FTW
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Forum Member

i have a factory bolt in currie 9inch rear end for that gen s10.

500 dollars

never used just axle and 31 spline shafts with gm bolt patterns.

1000 dollar rear end housing.

question is when it bites on that 7.5 will it come apart having no traction right now is your friend.

is that rearend a disc or drum?
    is it all complete?
    and are you going to have it for a little bit? im welding my cage up right now and then i have to buy a converter and then i was going to do the rear im just trying to plan ahead so im not going to have the money for a month or so.

Helping somebody with something, somehow.

Your stock housing will be fine. Just get your self a cal tracs set up. A local s-10 went Mid 9s with slicks, and cal track and some bs shocks. Its all about how you use it. It can be done, Ive seen it with my own two eyes!
    George

99' S-10 Xtreme, 4.3L ex cab, nothin special DD.

POHO's finest Redneck! Instigator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 00sonolow View Post
    Your stock housing will be fine. Just get your self a cal tracs set up. A local s-10 went Mid 9s with slicks, and cal track and some bs shocks. Its all about how you use it. It can be done, Ive seen it with my own two eyes!
    True on the 9sec truck on a 7.5, but I recall 2 Local S-10's that did it ....
    79' Fairmont, Built not bought
    If it has all working lights, 2 seats, plates/insurance, cooling system, alternator and exhaust its a street car
    Dont let your mouth write a check your ass cant cash

Quote Originally Posted by 77 ford View Post
    True on the 9sec truck on a 7.5, but I recall 2 Local S-10's that did it ....
    But the red one is a gay piece of shit! And the owner is a douche!
    George

POHO's finest Redneck! Instigator's Avatar

But the red one is a gay piece of shit! And the owner is a douche!
    your on your own there, does that black 1 run a 7.5 to ? if so thats 3, he went 9.70
    79' Fairmont, Built not bought
    If it has all working lights, 2 seats, plates/insurance, cooling system, alternator and exhaust its a street car
    Dont let your mouth write a check your ass cant cash

Quote Originally Posted by 77 ford View Post
    your on your own there, does that black 1 run a 7.5 to ? if so thats 3, he went 9.70
    Thats true, I'm not sure what he is running, i wouldnt doubt a 7.5" tho. My bro is running a 7.5" housing. Not going 9.70's tho.
    George

neither mark or gary had a caltrac set up on there s-10! and jake has a ladder ber set up like gary does now!

mark and gary were running slapper bars aka traction bars !

if i were to set up a s-10 i would go with a cal trac set up with a split mono leaf springs from cal trac!

i just bought a complete set up last year for a 95 s-10 (that i sold to radrod28) and i had a little over 800 in it which included cal-tracs/split mono leafs and rs shocks!

far as using a stock 7.5" i would not it is on barrowed time! some people just get lucky and not have one break!

there is also a guy on s10dragracer.com that builds a bad ass set up called daggers! they are pretty much like a cal trac set up!

here is a vid if the s-10 with the dagger set up on it! like i said you can find them on s10dragracer.com

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DD45K0pI4I"]YouTube - need some wheelie bars[/ame]

here is a couple vids of s-10 with cal trac set up on them!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53J4AmOTtak"]YouTube - Fast S10 With Stock Suspension[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xriXJiojJ3c"]YouTube - CAMP FIVE wants THE BLACK MAMBA[/ame]

we are taking ratrod28's truck to ubly on june 6 and going to do some testing with it! it has the cal trac set up on it hopefully we can make a few clean passes with it! you should stop out and check it out!

Thread Information