Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My cousins Turbo 340 Dart

that car is pretty damn sweet. i hope nothing ever comes out the exhaust, that could get tricky at speed

Looks great, and best of all, different. Post pics of the whole car please.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Looks good Nick. Congrats to both you and Tim. I'll have to send you some pics of the stuff I am building down here.

See you for Woodward.

Jeff

Club Member

Very cool!

Why do people use carbs when putting that much into a turbo set up? FI would be so much more efficient. Is it for the lack of wanting to install the wiring?

Nick

Club Member

thanks guys...

as for the carb hat, don't think it will be turbulent at all.

Raj, ill get more pics once he brings the car back from Livernois...he's tuning it, but is waiting for his new pro systems carb...should be in on Friday

as for the injection question...Mopar's aren't the cheapest to get parts for...I'm sure he would go for injection if it wasn't an extra $3K+ with new pumps, injectors, tb, intake, computer...it's not just wiring, it's money...his bottom end still needs an overhaul to go over 10 psi...

My opinion, he's doing it right, being precautious and taking small steps at a time as he can afford it.
    "No"

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    thanks guys...

as for the carb hat, don't think it will be turbulent at all.

Raj, ill get more pics once he brings the car back from Livernois...he's tuning it, but is waiting for his new pro systems carb...should be in on Friday

as for the injection question...Mopar's aren't the cheapest to get parts for...I'm sure he would go for injection if it wasn't an extra $3K+ with new pumps, injectors, tb, intake, computer...it's not just wiring, it's money...his bottom end still needs an overhaul to go over 10 psi...

My opinion, he's doing it right, being precautious and taking small steps at a time as he can afford it.

That things looks killer! I personaly like the ghostes flames in the engine bay.

I'm willing to bet your gunna have problems with that carb hat.. well maybe not problems but would gain huge with somthing taller and more transitioned

I love mopars. I'm gunna start my boost big block duster project prob this october its nice to see some pics another mopar!

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

thats phucking bad ass
    Automatics win races, 6-speeds impress high school kids
    98% of fords are still on the road, the other 2% made it home or are chevy powered!

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

Will you ask your cousin where he got the grey fire sleeve I've only seen orange or did he paint it?

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Really nice setup/ride.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/matttrombley/
    Founder MM Cult
    2002 Summit White ZR2
    2013 Summit White Silverado Z71

Club Member

i get it at auto cycle marine/detroit flexible metal offa 14 and like crooks or coolidge
    "No"

Thread Information