Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I bought Saturday((HELP))

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 87stang View Post
    I GUESS THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR BUYING A FUCKIN FORD. Maybe I'll put a Chevy in it.

haha..

those heads look pretty stock to me....x2 on the pics of the runners. an engine is only as good as the builder, would of done the same thing if it was a chevy

That sucks man. That's why I don't trust anybody to build an engine. Especially when they try to use mix and match parts from junk yards, ebay, friends, or CL.

Buy a kit do it yourself, or have a builder build it using the kit, or buy an assembled motor from a magazine. Just my $0.02.

A little town called none of your god damn business...

Well.....if you look at the runners on the heads you will see the CNC marks. If you havent heard of people CNCing E7 heads that just means you're not as into the engine building scene as some of us. You prob shouldnt have driven it on the freeway with a c-4 and 4.10's....just my .02.....car ran strong and flawless for the time I had it and Scott said it ran good for him the month he had it too. Yes, I'm an engine builder and yes I know what I'm doing......and stock pistons that year were forged, thanks. I havent owned the car for a month now so I dont know what was done to it since then or what/how you drove it when you got it. It sucks that it happened but I was in no way "untruthful" with what I said was in it. FWIW, it looks as though a valve was hung open....like maybe over revving...???????? Let me know if you need any help with anything or have any questions.....

The rolling chassis minus the longblock was still worth close to 5 grand. I sold the whole car for $5700 nowhere close to the $7300 originally being asked by the first owner here. Shitty situation sorry. I only drove it 3 times and didn't touch a thing except to put 5 gallons of gas in.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott714 View Post
    The rolling chassis minus the longblock was still worth close to 5 grand. I sold the whole car for $5700 nowhere close to the $7300 originally being asked by the first owner here. Shitty situation sorry. I only drove it 3 times and didn't touch a thing except to put 5 gallons of gas in.
    For sure....I wasn't saying that you did anything to it, I was just saying I dont know what was done since I had the car

Im just trying to avoid the start of all the bashing....of anybody, me or Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by roushtech50 View Post
    Im just trying to avoid the start of all the bashing....of anybody, me or Scott.
    It's fine these deals like this are "AS-IS" It's a race car shit comes apart all the time.

I watched this engine being built and can vouche for the builder...he knows what hes doing, he feeds his family doing it for a living. Looks like valve hung open....

looks like he over revved it.. cruising on the express way at 3000 rpms for a couple of miles shouldnt of hurt it..

Thread Information