Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I bought Saturday((HELP))

Quote Originally Posted by roushtech50 View Post
    Ding Ding....
    Every engine that I have built or my friends dad has built he started and ran it hard right from the start with no problems. I drove my car with a fresh engine for 25 miles on the high way at over 3500 rpm and no problems. The engine was over revved at some point and dropped a valve. I had that happen when i came out of the burn out box at milan and put the valve through the piston.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejuiced86 View Post
    There is no lash on a hydraulic roller.
    They had a little noise could have checked the spec to see if one was loose. They have a spec right ? It don't matter it's blown up anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by orangejuiced86 View Post
    There is no lash on a hydraulic roller.
    X2 I was just thinking the same. So did roush tech build the engine or did you buy it with the engine in it? I know the old owner of the car and it had aluminum heads on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott714 View Post
    They had a little noise could have checked the spec to see if one was loose. They have a spec right ? It don't matter it's blown up anyway?
    With that style cam you just bring it up and snug it and go about a half turn tighter.

You have to break a flat tappet cam in at 3k for longer the it takes to get 75 to 94 on 696. It floated a valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott714 View Post
    They had a little noise could have checked the spec to see if one was loose. They have a spec right ?
    you shouldnt hear a hydraulic roller.. after you get it to zero lash and turn it about a 3/4 turn after its at zero and it should be good..if it dont hit 25 foot pounds on a torque wrench before 3/4 turn i think you have to shim it...if that makes sense haha

Quote Originally Posted by 85notch View Post
    With that style cam you just bring it up and snug it and go about a half turn tighter.
    I thought on my old 5.0 it was 19 ft lbs. But it's been so long since I set any I don't remember. I know thats how we used to set chevys snug and one half tighter. I didn't look under the covers to see what rockers it had or even question the cam .

Quote Originally Posted by Teef racing View Post
    you shouldnt hear a hydraulic roller.. after you get it to zero lash and turn it about a 3/4 turn after its at zero and it should be good..if it dont hit 25 foot pounds on a torque wrench before 3/4 turn i think you have to shim it...if that makes sense haha
    It could have been a exhaust leak also. Tell you the truth I have been sick since we traded I drove it twice then sold it. I didnt pay much attention. If I wouldnt have got sick and needed cash I might have tore into it more but I didn't

So the motor is a stock short block with a cam(and a great selling pitch with the forged pistons comment like they were after market), but I still don't see the 2.02/1.60 valves? To the OP did a retainer or lock come off the valve? And 3500 rpms for an hour ride shouldn't hurt a stock comp hydraulic roller motor with a cam. Does the MSD Ign have a rev limiter?
    I have a bad case of Automotive A.D.D.

WWW.DETROITRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    Now this is an acceptable use of photos and video's in the Pub.

I'm not gonna bash anyone, never intended to. This is race car shit even though most of those parts were stock. I've just never seen e7 heads that were cnc ported with 2.02/1.60 valves. Your right, I've barely been in this hobby so I'm more curious then anything. Not saying they aren't what they are.

Thread Information