Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I bought Saturday((HELP))

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott714 View Post
    If it was me i'd pick now to be the time to get better heads. I know he has some spare cash still.
    as would i.... but i didnt know he had spare cash so i was trying to offer a cheaper solution. seeing as he just dropped a good chunck of change on the chasis, trans, and boat anchor....
    '86 notch--> fired up and ready to go

Quote Originally Posted by 86_notch View Post
    as would i.... but i didnt know he had spare cash so i was trying to offer a cheaper solution. seeing as he just dropped a good chunck of change on the chasis, trans, and boat anchor....
    It wasn't a boat anchor when he bought it I'm sure the engine builder took it out and stomped on it some. I know the 2 times I drove it I tached it out and when we took the test ride we went to 6 grand in first and second . Why didn't it do it then ? hmmm

The pistons and valves look awfull black for a fresh engine. I also think the point that 75 mph from a 4:10 C-4 car Isnt the smartest thing to do. At highway speed my Ranger with a 351W...C-4...and 4:10's was pushing 4300 rpm's Your problam still SUCKS ASS !

Default Scott,RoughTech

First off I did not start this thread to bash you two!!!!!! Guy's it's only $5,700 buck's let it go and please don't let this be a bashing thread. RoughTech I did not rev this motor up over 4000 if that and I do know how to drive a reverse pattern tran's. NOW I put this up to get some kind of help, thought's you Scott or anyone on here may have. There will be some Ford part's for sale real soo becouse I will put a Chevy in it and never have thie problem again. Now if anyone or you two have anything to say please PM me as Scott and I already talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by 87stang View Post
    First off I did not start this thread to bash you two!!!!!! Guy's it's only $5,700 buck's let it go and please don't let this be a bashing thread. RoughTech I did not rev this motor up over 4000 if that and I do know how to drive a reverse pattern tran's. NOW I put this up to get some kind of help, thought's you Scott or anyone on here may have. There will be some Ford part's for sale real soo becouse I will put a Chevy in it and never have thie problem again. Now if anyone or you two have anything to say please PM me as Scott and I already talked about.
    Perfect. He's not mad . End of discussion for me. I just wonder what caused it. If you pinpoint it let me know. Once again sorry.

I don't think Chevys are excluded from floating valves or breaking springs. Go lsx if do the chevy deal!

A little town called none of your god damn business...

Quote Originally Posted by 87stang View Post
    Thats pure ignorance to say putting a chevy in it will solve the problem. Yes, I did lean on it a couple times but never over 5000 rpm....and the carb was set up rich on purpose to be safe til it was broke in.....but what do I know, right? Sorry you had some bad luck....

rich doesn't =safe
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by roushtech50 View Post
    Thats pure ignorance to say putting a chevy in it will solve the problem. Yes, I did lean on it a couple times but never over 5000 rpm....and the carb was set up rich on purpose to be safe til it was broke in.....but what do I know, right? Sorry you had some bad luck....
    i dont see anything in his post to suggest he was saying you dont know what you are talking about, but maybe i missed something anyway i do agree throwing a bowtie at it wont change the fact that it dropped a valve... any make or model could have done the same thing, but i would like to know what caused the valve to drop or float. if he didnt take it past 4k rpm's then there is no way it should have floated if the seat psi was 135. now if a lock came loose and fell off then that would explain the droped valve, but i still dont understand how a "fresh" engine could encounter such a problem at that low of an rpm.
    '86 notch--> fired up and ready to go

I have a C.H.P. 331 with gt40-p heads for sale with a hydraulic roller cam, I am going to be bringing it to Milan for the NMRA race. If you are interested pm me and we can talk. I want to get rid of this and if I don't have to drag it all the way out there I would be thrilled.

Thread Information