Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 302 in a 99 mustang

Default 302 in a 99 mustang

I have a 1999 mustang rolling chassis with a tubular K member and I was wondering if anyone has tried to put a 302 in a newer mustang? Does anyone make the correct motor mounts to do this? Or should I just use an engine plate? The suspension is already set up perfect so I didn't want to go through the trouble of swaping a 94-95 K member into it, I would rather leave it alone if possible.

Tons of people do it. They make tube K-members specifically for the 99-04 with an SBF, that's the way I'd do it. You can just sell the one you have.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

The K member is the simple part as Fryguy said, overcoming the fuel system and P.A.T.S and wiring is a little difficult unless you plan to go carbed.
    Licensed and Insured Plumber

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer! View Post
    The K member is the simple part as Fryguy said, overcoming the fuel system and P.A.T.S and wiring is a little difficult unless you plan to go carbed.
    what he said... go carbed

Quote Originally Posted by steve581581 View Post
    what he said... go carbed
    I have a FAST that I am going to piggy back into the stock ECU so I think I will be fine for the fuel injection. So...I guess nobody makes motor mounts for what I want to do. I have been searching with out any luck. I think using a motor plate would be easier than swaping out the K member, but different mounts would be the best. I just can't believe nobody makes them.

Quote Originally Posted by 90gtChris View Post
    I have a FAST that I am going to piggy back into the stock ECU so I think I will be fine for the fuel injection. So...I guess nobody makes motor mounts for what I want to do. I have been searching with out any luck. I think using a motor plate would be easier than swaping out the K member, but different mounts would be the best. I just can't believe nobody makes them.
    The k-member swap is like a 1 hour job at the very most since there's no motor in the car. WAY easier than using a motor plate. Why don't you want to put the right k-member in it?
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

I guess you are right, I just didn't want to mess with the suspension. I was really hoping someone knew of a motor mount that would work though.

94-95 k-member is what you want to use, I just did one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by 90gtChris View Post
    I have a 1999 mustang rolling chassis with a tubular K member and I was wondering if anyone has tried to put a 302 in a newer mustang? Does anyone make the correct motor mounts to do this? Or should I just use an engine plate? The suspension is already set up perfect so I didn't want to go through the trouble of swaping a 94-95 K member into it, I would rather leave it alone if possible.
    i have a 2001 cobra i put a 351 windsor in it and it also has a tubular k member i had no prob putting it in

I recently put a tubular kmember in a 2000. It was a simple swap with the engine out of the car. definitely easier than a motor plate
    '00 Mustang GT, LQ4, L92 Heads, BW S475, Th400

Thread Information