Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 97 Cobra 30lbs from an F1-A 841RWHP & 840RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by dpmcghee View Post
    Well, I'm just telling you from experience that you can take an 800rwhp STICK SHIFT car that weighs 3400-3500lbs and put it against a 650rwhp AUTOMATIC car that weighs 2700-2800lbs and that race will be NO CONTEST. That automatic car will absolutely hand it to that high horse stick car in a drag race setting virtually every time.

I'm not saying his car isn't nice. In fact, I think its a really nice car. I'm not a big fan of that body style, but I can sure see that it is well put together and he has taken really good care of the car. It just won't go as fast as alot of you might think it would.
    I agree there the car prolly wouldn't do shit. I guess I just mean the intimidation factor when he's next to you would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by SVT32VDOHC View Post
    I agree there the car prolly wouldn't do shit. I guess I just mean the intimidation factor when he's next to you would be insane.
    If you put a good driver behind the wheel it would.

BS about stick cars being slow

Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLEWHITE03GT View Post
    If you put a good driver behind the wheel it would.

BS about stick cars being slow
    Driver don't mean shit. Car will be all over the road like white on rice.

Stick cars suck.

I talked to todd yesterday about the car and that thing is badass. That car makes 840 to the wheels and prob. near 1000 to the fly. If the car was set up right at that weight it should have no prob going 9's. We had a 3400 # renagade car back in 2001 that made way less than that and went 9.60's with a c4 and 9.40's with a Jeraco with the same motor.
    Last edited by 11secSVT; 08-19-2009 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 11secSVT View Post
    I talked to todd yesterday about the car and that thing is badass. That car makes 840 to the wheels and prob. near 1000 to the fly. If the car was set up right at that weight it should have no prob going 9's. We had a 3400 # renagade car back in 2001 that made way less than that and went 9.60's with a c4 and 9.40's with a Jeraco with the same motor.
    With an automatic that car should definitely get into the 9s at that power level. But remember, if you put an auto in that car it is going to show significantly less horsepower at the rear tires - probably over 100rwhp less even. Still, 700+ through an auto and that car should go mid-high nines at what it probably weighs. There's a guy on here who works at Livernois and has a sweet Mach 1 with the same F1A blower and a 4r70w. He has gone mid-9s from what I understand.
    Last edited by dpmcghee; 08-20-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Thread Information