Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Roll cage prices

try ron miller race car in temperance mich. just did me right and what iam reading here i raped him.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGCOWL-IMP View Post
    You guys are all wrong. I just got a 8 point m.s. cage installed in my fox and he also removed the rear end and bolted and welded in my upped & lower torque box plates and he made and welded seat brackets .......$800 and he supplied the cage and installed the seats with the new brackets and reinstalled the rear end and set the pinion angle. Ya i know c.m. would have been more but not much. You can not see the cage from the side of the car just like i wanted... I`m super happy and you just can`t beat the price. I found him on this web site and he lives in Belville and is a super nice guy..His user name is bad466 734-218-1781. Jay
    CM is way more.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Club Sponsor

It also require a more lengthy wleding process, better joint fitup is required and prep and it is more difficult to work with. That's excluding material costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    CM is way more.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGCOWL-IMP View Post
    You guys are all wrong. I just got a 8 point m.s. cage installed in my fox and he also removed the rear end and bolted and welded in my upped & lower torque box plates and he made and welded seat brackets .......$800 and he supplied the cage and installed the seats with the new brackets and reinstalled the rear end and set the pinion angle. Ya i know c.m. would have been more but not much. You can not see the cage from the side of the car just like i wanted... I`m super happy and you just can`t beat the price. I found him on this web site and he lives in Belville and is a super nice guy..His user name is bad466 734-218-1781. Jay
    Yes, he does great work for a great price! I highly doubt you'll find anyone to do the work he does for what he charges.
    "Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know."

Anyone know what Skinny Kid charges? Kinda sucks having them be the closest shop to me...

Club Sponsor

I don't think you could get them to do anything less then a 10 point. They are usually very busy with building outlaw cars. most likely 150-200 per point in CM I doubt they would do mild steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Style Dragger View Post
    Anyone know what Skinny Kid charges? Kinda sucks having them be the closest shop to me...

i talked to him a year or so ago, so unless things have changed, he wont do it.........for a reasonable price he will do a 10pt, but be prepared to pay like a 25.5. zimmerman would be a much wiser choice, although not close to you.

They quoted me $1000 for a 6 point which did not include paint or interior removal......I had to bring them the car with everything out of the interior except the seats. This was for CM, about 2 years ago.

--Joe

I just priced out Moly for my cage....$8.79 per foot.. The materials for my frame ties, fish plates, chassis bracing and plating alone was over $100. I imagine I will have over $600 before I am done including my cage.

The only reason I am doing my own cage is because I have everything other than the material to do it. I will vouch for the cost that places charge, even with the interior out already there is a ton of prep-work, cutting, measuring and more measuring. The advantage a shop has is they will get a break buying larger quantities of material.
    Licensed and Insured Plumber

Quote Originally Posted by soap View Post
    They quoted me $1000 for a 6 point which did not include paint or interior removal......I had to bring them the car with everything out of the interior except the seats. This was for CM, about 2 years ago.

--Joe
    Ouch.
    Another proud member of Dang-o Racing!!

Thread Information