Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Roll cage prices

Forum Member

I might get banned for this, but oh well.

Lets start with how much is your life worth?. Seems like many lives are only worth $300.00 to $1000.00. You need to worry about the weld integrity, the bar placement and etc. Many roll bars/cages have bars that do nothing, they just look good. I would rather spend more money and be sure its done right. I want the chance to walk away if there is a accident, I want my kids to still have a daddy. How stupid do you have to be to cut corners on safety equipement?. Maybe I value my life more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw5.0 View Post

Lets start with how much is your life worth?. Seems like many lives are only worth $300.00 to $1000.00. You need to worry about the weld integrity, the bar placement and etc. Many roll bars/cages have bars that do nothing, they just look good. I would rather spend more money and be sure its done right. I want the chance to walk away if there is a accident, I want my kids to still have a daddy. How stupid do you have to be to cut corners on safety equipement?. Maybe I value my life more than others.
    Ill second this.

Club Member

I agree 100% with you sir. I wasn't trying to get the cheapest work or cut corners. I was just wanting a rough idea of the price. Thank you to all that replied
    Last edited by strawboss38679; 08-28-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo

Give JR racecraft a call.

no reason for a ban. very good points. and ideas that i share

point taken, counter point........

you dont always get what you think for your money.....sometimes

look up a thread on yellowbullet, called "anyone remember wes's outlaw car" or something close to that............ they 85/86 gt had a 25.5 or .3 cant remember, installed by a VERY well known chassis shop. inspected and certed by NHRA.........upon further investigation by DMC race cars........ummmm not so much. welds blown through, welds not complete. basicly DMC had to cut the whole cage out. pics are on DMC's website. ill do look it up and post links.

link to discussion
    http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=164560

link to pics

http://www.dmcracing.com/id101.html
    Last edited by Anthony; 08-28-2009 at 06:00 PM.

I agree but it still isn't changing my mind from doing my own work. I have invested a lot of time on research, I have the welding and tube bending experience. After seeing some of the cars rolling around the tracks running way faster than I ever will I am willing to take my chances. I once saw a car running 7's @ Milan that looked like RTV would have held the car together better than some of the welds.

I'll take my chances, I am pretty critical about everything I do. I might waste some material in the process but it will be right before I am done.
    Licensed and Insured Plumber

x2 that's why I did what had to be done to get mine done the right way.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Give Reiter's a call!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    no reason for a ban. very good points. and ideas that i share

point taken, counter point........

you dont always get what you think for your money.....sometimes

look up a thread on yellowbullet, called "anyone remember wes's outlaw car" or something close to that............ they 85/86 gt had a 25.5 or .3 cant remember, installed by a VERY well known chassis shop. inspected and certed by NHRA.........upon further investigation by DMC race cars........ummmm not so much. welds blown through, welds not complete. basicly DMC had to cut the whole cage out. pics are on DMC's website. ill do look it up and post links.

link to discussion
    http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=164560

link to pics

http://www.dmcracing.com/id101.html
    I saw that, damn scary!.

$100 a point here at victory labor
    2016 Fusion Titanium with a few things done

Thread Information