Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Race 87 Camaro

Awesome project! Very nice work.

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Nice looking project! We have another guy (that mostly lurks on here) with a 3rd gen road race set-up car. But last I remember it said hello to a wall and I am not sure if it ever made it back out. I believe he moved on to another vehicle.

Yeah the corvette brakes work better and are pretty cheap to replace parts on. Do you have any brake cooling set-up to help them at the track?

I'm still trying to figure out which route I want to take with my car. It's mostly daily driven but I hope to eventually get some track time. Last plan was some CTS-V front calipers to go with the C6 Z06 14" rotors. But I'd like to keep the rear brakes something similar with brembo calipers too. So still researching and pondering.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugger Z View Post
    Do you have any brake cooling set-up to help them at the track?
    I don't have cooling ducts yet. In all honesty I haven't got the brakes hot enough to need them yet. More seat time is required.

Are you after bling or a good track set-up or both? I haven't heard anything good about the Z51 or the C6 Zo6 brakes. The rotors are directional but they use the same rotor on both sides so the cooling efficiency is good on one side and crappy on the other. The one rotor ends up cracking (I think it is the R side but can't remember for sure).

With 620 HP and a heavy car (I assume it is stock weight since you said DD) you'll want some good brakes...

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StanIROCZ View Post
    I don't have cooling ducts yet. In all honesty I haven't got the brakes hot enough to need them yet. More seat time is required.

Are you after bling or a good track set-up or both? I haven't heard anything good about the Z51 or the C6 Zo6 brakes. The rotors are directional but they use the same rotor on both sides so the cooling efficiency is good on one side and crappy on the other. The one rotor ends up cracking (I think it is the R side but can't remember for sure).

With 620 HP and a heavy car (I assume it is stock weight since you said DD) you'll want some good brakes...
    That's cool that they work without extra cooling. That means you have more available to you.

I was looking for something bigger to fill out the 18" wheels as well as perform better. I think if i can scrape up a set of the CTS-V calipers they would work just fine with the OE C6Z06 rotors. Doubt I'd hardly ever push them to the limit as I do mostly street driving. Now a track day, I guarantee I would need them. And probably be replacing pads after a few events.

And yeah, stock weight and definitely want better brakes to balance the set-up of the car better. I get up to speed a lot quicker now. Need to make sure I can scrub it off just as easily. Last track rental the stock brakes were struggling a bit on the big end but the pads were also pretty worn.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

man after seeing this car in person last night I have to say the fab work is unreal!

Looks awesome Stan! If your day job doesn't work out you should get your own fab shop!
    John
    AMERICAN IRON RACING SERIES

Sergio Marchionne - "The unfortunate problem with corporations, in general, is that there are thousands of people who pay
    the price for incredibly stupid, narrow and ill-founded choices that are made by one or two people who sit at the top"

Thanks Guys!

I'd love to have my own fab shop but probably wouldn't make any money cause I'd only work on my own car!

nice work.

sweet car

Amazing, great job on the roof, looks factory, you got more cahones then i have to do that. Keep up the fantastic work man

Thread Information