Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spray guns, What are you working with?

I have been using an Iwata with a 1.4 tip for my clear and a sata with a 1.3 tip for my base love them both , if you get a chance try the Iwata you wont be dissipointed.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/Devi...devilbiss.html

The Devilbiss GFG Plus

GFG - 670 GFG-670 Plus Gravity Feed Spray Gun with Tips & Cup.
    $ 265.00

FREE SHIPPING ON THIS GUN

Go here and read reviews:

http://autobodystore.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Quote Originally Posted by supernotch90 View Post
    I have been using an Iwata with a 1.4 tip for my clear and a sata with a 1.3 tip for my base love them both , if you get a chance try the Iwata you wont be dissipointed.

I sprayed an Iwata demo at one of the shop I was working at probablly 2 years ago and thought it layed the clear down awesome but I never really was happy the way to sprayed metallic.
    '00 Stage 2 Roush Mustang 2v Swap...
    '04 YFZ450- Turbo Stock Bore
    '04 Sierra 2500- CCSB LB7
    '01 Blazer- 5.3 Project/Garage decor

Twister Racing 2k13

ive got a warwick / iwata knock off and it is a superb panel / small parts/ motorcycle parts gun with 1.3 tip. near flawless clear and decent metallic .

and an old sata rp for big stuff as this thing just flat gets busy ... you can flat out run around a car with this gun .

i am looking for new guns as well ... ive been considering some new sharpe guns i found on craigs for 50 -75 $ a gun ... and at that price you cant go wrong

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

I use a Sharpe Platinum for base/clear, and a couple cheap HVLP's for priming. I'm not a pro though.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

I have a Plus that I use for sealer and sometimes clear if it's something really big but hands down I love my SATA'a.... and like smooooth said... keep them clean and treat them like they put food on your table...because for some of us they do. The parts are pricey but they aren't cheap guns to start with....NR95/MCB/KLC/NR2000/RP and a couple of mini jets in my box right now and 3M's liner system...

Old school stuff? Binks 7 & 62 hanging on the wall in the garage...lol!

Forum Member

i use a sata rp2000 for base and a devilbiss plus gun for clear. im picking up a devilbiss pri for a new primer gun and also a new sata 3000 with a 1.2 tip to add to the colection.

Sata 3000, 1.3 and 1.5 tips. I use the 1.5 for clear... I like to lay on clear like nobody's business... and I use the "fast clear" stuff often.

For base and sealer, I use the 1.3.... the 1.5 usually doles out the high build primer.

Thread Information