Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: LSX time???

Club Sponsor VarsityCustomWerkz's Avatar

Thought this was a thread to get informative information and opionions about what o.p should do?

Quote Originally Posted by rockthemullet View Post
    I'm predicting lean condition, would've helped if he was datalogging during the run... Then again, it's pretty unreliable to form an opinion about a total loss of compression just from the plugs.
    I've seen enough plugs to know if you burn off straps your fucking something up HUGE.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Quote Originally Posted by got_h8rs? View Post
    Thought this was a thread to get informative information and opionions about what o.p should do?
    Yea, looks like it went south in the middle of page 53

Quote Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
    I've seen enough plugs to know if you burn off straps your fucking something up HUGE.....
    Oh yea, for sure, and burning straps off is certainly not a product of an over rich condition, as it was suggested. I'd run through the tune looking for oddball values and get the pumps flowed if it were me.

When it 'broke' how long did you stay in it? The plugs could mean next to nothing because of situational issues.
    I know you broke the motor in.. But for how long?

Many questions.. And lol at Eric coming in to defend my brother and then suddenly in another post try to state something that has 'something' to do with the issue. Gj buddy.

Those plugs are a sign of pre-ignition. not a lean condition.

The motor had plenty of miles on it. i broke n the motor shut off i i started to go for the wall, so it was instant. if it did boost spike then why wasnt it tuned for it?
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Yea, looks like it went south in the middle of page 53

Oh yea, for sure, and burning straps off is certainly not a product of an over rich condition, as it was suggested. I'd run through the tune looking for oddball values and get the pumps flowed if it were me.
    I would bet this has something to do with the pumps... Didnt you also have injector problems Jon? Maybe they got messed up again, but you did say you changed the fuel lines.
    Last edited by webleedorange619; 10-19-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcstrat View Post

The motor had plenty of miles on it. i broke n the motor shut off i i started to go for the wall, so it was instant. if it did boost spike then why wasnt it tuned for it?
    You knew the car was only tuned for 18-20 psi before it even left lids shop. You were also talking back and forth with Greg as it was tuned. If you werent happy with the 10.8 AF and 17* of timing why did you take it from lidios hands? And if you really werent confident in the tune why did you take it to the track?

1998 C5- Supercharged to keep up with traffic
    2004 F-250 Superduty

Quote Originally Posted by Rickety View Post
    I don't think so dude......I think U have the same issue as U had, this time the weaker link was found......
    I don't know anything about your first issue, but without knowing anything about it, I would find it hard to believe a faulty piston design was the cause of a broken motor with this type of a fairly mild build. Especially if you didn't change anything except to repair the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcstrat View Post
    I agree that it looks like pre-ignition and not necessarily a lean condition. I've been to this party before

What fuel do you run in this car?
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Do I care why you're on your fourth motor? Not really, just interesting that you're on your fourth motor. I call you and Greg every other day? That's interesting, I called YOU only ONCE asking about vacuum line routing and you referred me to Greg because you don't know wtf you're talking about with your own car. Greg has gotten a few questions from me, yes, but this has been my first modular build so there will be questions... You're clueless on the hangups I've had on my build so don't act like YOU know everything. I cut corners but I'm the one still at it, taking my time, right? I can't finish a single build, lol. Do you know how many boosted cars I've owned? How many have you? YOU didn't build a motor (or a setup for that matter), you leached off of those around you to get it done. Best parts possible, sure, best machinist, sure, but at no point did you know what you were doing alone with a build like this, lol.

I know, right?

Claim I never said what? About Lidio? I've called him twice to schedule tuning for the turbo setup and ask for a few of his preferences while building so he would be comfortable with the car. Would I do that if I thought his work was garbage? I don't have to tune my car, I WANT to tune my car. I would trust Lidio with it any day of the week.

Certainly not. You didn't build the car, you just have good friends. Also, please don't state you're similar to me in any way, makes me look bad.

Forget it eric, waking up to hear from others ur childish fb status as a stab at me is what got me going, you are lying through your teeth, i dont know the hangups on your car because i didnt really give a shit about them. and i know u cut corners so im not gonna get involved when i have gave my opinion n u choose the other way. ur still at it because of other personal issues we can leave aside, im still at it also arent i? and yes ive turned every nut and bolt on this car, you are outta ur mind. some things i asked for help on but most i have learned from good friends and done myself with or with out help, and i never stated i know it all either. this is why i was looking for advice cuz im at a loss. You are rite, i wouldnt want nething to do with you, there isd a reason why none of us talk to you nemore.
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    I don't know anything about your first issue, but without knowing anything about it, I would find it hard to believe a faulty piston design was the cause of a broken motor with this type of a fairly mild build. Especially if you didn't change anything except to repair the engine.

I agree that it looks like pre-ignition and not necessarily a lean condition. I've been to this party before

What fuel do you run in this car?
    turbo blue 110, the first pistons were from a company and even my engine builder trusted them, they cut valve reliefs way to deep and said it would be just fine, read back and u can see about the last set of slugs. i have a lot of well experienced people look at the last set of slugs and agree it was just not enough for this build. thats why i went with diamond this time.
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Thread Information