Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364 LastLast

Thread: LSX time???

Quote Originally Posted by cjmatt View Post
    click the link i posted then click the pic, it shows a pic of the inside

In the back of a jacked up tailgate. Sittin' 'round watchin' all these pretty things.

have you pulled to motor aprat yet to see if anything can be saved?
    "BUILT not BOUGHT"

95 F250 4x4 12"s of lift on 38s
    Cummins swap someday

To attempt the destruction of our passions is the height of folly. What a noble aim is that of the zealot who tortures himself like a madman in order to desire nothing, love nothing, feel nothing, and who, if he succeeded, would end up a complete monster!

Denis Diderot

autolight 103's to get it fired up. no im waiting on a cherry picker. i only dropped the tank to check my fuel system. just got off the phone with another engine builder/tuner and was also told thats pre ignition from too much fuel and too hot of a plug.

im almost positive it will need new slugs and a new block.
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

i also called around and asked some shops when you tune a car do you check the plugs after a pull as a tuner, i was told yes thats part of the tuning process. i also asked a few friends and their plugs got checked also to make sure everything good on the dyno.
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Well after making it past the grade school fight i made it to the end.

im going to say your block is junk your pistons are junk and your head needs to be welded up

Glenns tanks are nice i got away from the triple pumps and went with a single

ive tried different af the last one was 11:1 and 17 degrees didn't hurt any plugs but burned thru the head gasket and melted a piston and hurt 2 others on c16

My best guess is this isnt a tuner issue its a coolant issue.

How are you returning water from the back of the heads? My sugestion is run a line from each head and y them into the back of the water pump. 6 7and 8 are very hot holes with very poor cooling conditions. Also make sure you radius your valve reliefs in your pistons do not leave sharp edges on them.

The girdle is not really need for your power level. But if you have it it wont hurt. Plus if its the one from greg the guy that made it is cool as hell. I stopped using mine cause im lazy and most people dont use them till 1300 to 1400 hp.

What were your rings gapped at?

Running a dss girdle b.c i just had it around. Burnt through the head and block when i tore ot down. Cooling is oem. My power level has been made before. So i dont see how it should be as issue. The pistons looked to have survived, just some marks from the plugs. Might be re usable. Believe the loss of compression on the other side might be from mushroomed valves. These are also the new tfs heads.
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Quote Originally Posted by jtcstrat View Post
    Running a dss girdle b.c i just had it around. Burnt through the head and block when i tore ot down. Cooling is oem. My power level has been made before. So i dont see how it should be as issue. The pistons looked to have survived, just some marks from the plugs. Might be re usable. Believe the loss of compression on the other side might be from mushroomed valves. These are also the new tfs heads.
    id return the water from the back of both heads to the pump reguardless.

my power level has been made by tons of people but i still manages to eat its self alive.

WHats your ring gaps top and second ring?

And a management system of some sorts is a good idea just for the simple fact you can log everything. And next time dont go out and make a full hit. Go 300 feet shut it off and pull the plugs if all looks well next hit go to the 1/8th and so on.

I took 12 4.6 pistons back to the scrap yard the other day. I got $8.49 back with that being said take your time
    Last edited by jakefb; 10-26-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakefb View Post
    id return the water from the back of both heads to the pump reguardless.

my power level has been made by tons of people but i still manages to eat its self alive.

WHats your ring gaps top and second ring?
    I have to look into that n find the sheet. I forgot
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

i edited my last post

blocks are about 30 bucks in scrap also lmao

Thread Information