Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364

Thread: LSX time???

Quote Originally Posted by jtcstrat View Post

sucks for sure, all a part of racing i guess, ill be on my 4th built motor now, if i decide to rebuild this thing again i will be putting a FAST in the car.

my plugs looked like that tooo.... hmm must be a coincidence tho

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSn95 View Post
    You knew the car was only tuned for 18-20 psi before it even left lids shop. You were also talking back and forth with Greg as it was tuned. If you werent happy with the 10.8 AF and 17* of timing why did you take it from lidios hands? And if you really werent confident in the tune why did you take it to the track?
    Lidio probably said hey ive made 5 pulls. so thats enough time spent working with my perfect hands. Now go have fun with the car..... (even though it doesnt run correctly)

The car should have been tuned all the way through the boost it could have made, but like others its in and out the door there, make that quick buck and leave. i asked for it to be tuned more, make some more pulls but i was told enough time was spent on it and called it a wrap after 3-4 pulls. there is a lot more to everything when u start dealing with cars like this, it isnt your average 500hp blower car, it should be treated like a race car, n if it cant be handled then tell me to go else where. my point is if the tuner has any concern it could spike, then wouldnt u tune through the spike, isnt that what im paying for is a complete tune? not a half tune?
    Dont feel bad jon he can't handle a simple 500hp cobra either...

its all good nate. I just figured if my car had so many problems, and issues and concerns then why would a tuner tune through it? wouldnt you tell the customer to take it home and fix said problems or concerns? i guess not.. seems like making a quick buck to me.

its over and done with, was told from a buddy of mine thats close with that shop, and i quote "i was tired of jons car, it kept coming back so i just wanted it gone" thats says enough imo. lazy.
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

its all good nate. I just figured if my car had so many problems, and issues and concerns then why would a tuner tune through it? wouldnt you tell the customer to take it home and fix said problems or concerns? i guess not.. seems like making a quick buck to me.

its over and done with, was told from a buddy of mine thats close with that shop, and i quote "i was tired of jons car, it kept coming back so i just wanted it gone" thats says enough imo. lazy.
    yea its bad business... he told me my car was a bastard and he never wanted to see me or the car again. he even left a threatening voicemail saying how "i'd regret it, if i kept talking bad about his shop (u mean telling the truth??) "

If it wasnt for naive people with money to spend he'd be out of business. Also people satisfied with mediocre tunes. and by mediocre i mean if its still running it most likely is rich as hell and has issues u just are lucky enough to not notice them.

oh well whats done is done.

I just thought to myself if ur tired of the car coming back then tune it good the first time, keep it for days I don't care. Charge what u need to. That's what's stenod, walsh and sean at cars did and my car was perfect and well takin care of.
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Well guys i know its been a while, for those of you who have been fallowing my thread i appreciate the support and the patience. Well its like last year all over again, as you guys know i got fucked over some bad pistons, well this year i built it better with a nice set of $1700 diamond slugs. got the car back together with the new turbo cams and auto, got it on the dyno and everything went good it seems, car made more power and felt great.

1st problem i ran into was the car was exploding oil filters, 200psi on start up. i saved the motor each time luckly, tore it down and found my melling pump's bypass valve was stuck, so i went with a TSS oil pump and have has no problems since. I will never use mellings garbage again.

a few weeks later i was at the top of 3rd and the car just shut off and wouldnt re fire, come to find out i blew the stock plastic intake apart and it hurt the maf, i also checked compression at this time just to be sure and it was 160-180 on all holes. so i upgraded to the edelbrock vr jr intake with a wilson elbow and 90mm wilson tb. got the car back on the dyno and re tuned, i then ran into a fuel pressure issue and got that sorted out as well, same boost the car picked up 100 hp with those changes. i was really impressed.

Finally for the first time in 3 years, battling ongoing issues with this car i made it to the track, i was very excited, off the trailer, leaving soft foot braking, short shifting and in and out of the throttle getting use to the car, first pass ever un tested the car went 10.1 @ 137 with a 1.7 60", i was very happy with that for my first pass in 3 years with this set up. i let the car cool down and decided to give it another shot, i told myself one more foot brake hit then ill try the trans brake... well i shoulda just went home lol.....

Second pass i left about the same and shifted the car higher in the rpms, stayed in it and about half track or more i just started sliding, almost hit the racer next to me and luckly saved it, well the coolant hose blew off, and not for no reason. in the process the car shut off on me, got it back to the pits and pulled plugs, yup something catastrophic went wrong...again, just my luck huh? got the car home and started tearing it down to pull it again, did a compression check, 6 holes are at 30psi and the back 2 are at 0... im thinking not enough timing and too rich cracked the cylinder causing the coolant system to pressurize n blowing the hose off.

this time around i built this damn thing to the moon, all nice parts, im being told it could have been my tune, i used the same tuner as last year.

tuned on 110, 10.8 a/f 17* timing, im being told thats way too rich and can do just as much damage to my motor as to lean. i will be pulling the motor shortly to check the pistons and heads.
    1. If it was in the tune it probably would have blown up on the first pass. Is the car tuned speed density?

2. 10.8A/F @ 17* on 110 is not going to cause plugs to melt straps like that, regardless of the tuner.

It sounds like this car has had a ton of issues and if I was Lidio I probably wouldn't want to work on it either. Either A: Your using good parts, but your installation quality sucks. or B: Your using good parts, and you just have terrible luck. Either way, I'd spend less time blaming Lidio and more time fixing the roach. Whats done is done you can't fix it by pointing fingers.

'94 Mustang GT-Turbo- SOLD
    '96 Cobra- Procharged
    '99 Z28- 501rwhp N/A
    2011 Impala

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    1. If it was in the tune it probably would have blown up on the first pass. Is the car tuned speed density?

2. 10.8A/F @ 17* on 110 is not going to cause plugs to melt straps like that, regardless of the tuner.

It sounds like this car has had a ton of issues and if I was Lidio I probably wouldn't want to work on it either. Either A: Your using good parts, but your installation quality sucks. or B: Your using good parts, and you just have terrible luck. Either way, I'd spend less time blaming Lidio and more time fixing the roach. Whats done is done you can't fix it by pointing fingers.
    lol good point, everyone is so fucking quick to point a finger.. it's a fucking race car.. if you want a 10 sec car with warranty, go buy a lambo or a bugatti.
    KFP Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Rush View Post
    lol good point, everyone is so fucking quick to point a finger.. it's a fucking race car.. if you want a 10 sec car with warranty, go buy a lambo or a bugatti.
    Damn can I get a loan?

'94 Mustang GT-Turbo- SOLD
    '96 Cobra- Procharged
    '99 Z28- 501rwhp N/A
    2011 Impala

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    Damn can I get a loan?
    lol, shit i'm a poor boy with cars older than me!
    KFP Racing

This shit just doesnt end

Thread Information