Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I need someone to come check out my cage to see if it will cert for 8.50

who made it?
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    They did this cage?
    yup

Club Sponsor

Was it free?
    "You didn't Build it" LMFAO isn't that what Oboma said too?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Z Motorsports View Post
    Was it free?
    I'd still be pissed if it was free.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Quote Originally Posted by Team Z Motorsports View Post
    Was it free?

"Ok Full Story" I was going to Take my car to Team Z I was talked out of it, I should have listen to what people were tell me about you guys Team Z and him.
    So any way I took my car to him on 7-8-08 give him 3G cash to get started
    Well time goes by and no progress on my car, on 9-01-08 there was still no progress done on my car..
    So I felt it was safe to loan out some cash to someone that needed it plus I had invested some also..
    so on 9-14-08 he calls me and tells me my car is done
    Now mine you I am not working yet because I had took the GM buy out in April of 08
    So I was like I should have my cash back soon and I will be able to square up with him in the mean time I have been giving him parts Turbo, Boost controller, waste gate and a little cash here and there just to keep the peace
    Well on 9-24-08 he starts charging me a 50 dollar a day storage fee, time goes by I still don't have my cash
    Even though I had cash sitting in the bank and and was not working yet I was going to play it safe and make sure my family had money instead of my car still here in my garage "I told him that too"
    Well I finally have the cash to get my car I go there and I have racked up 4250.00 charges in storage, I was like ok this is crazy
    Long story short

I paid 11152.00 between parts and cash for this POS cage
    I have been told to take him to court
    is it worth it ? most likely not
    I rather just get the word out..

I am so pissed I may just sell this thing
    I have a line on a 05 Body in white I may buy

Even if it was free it cost too much... Trying to get a reputable shop to even touch that without cutting it all out is gonna be a hard.

Quote Originally Posted by fivefour2000gt View Post
    "ok full story" i was going to take my car to team z i was talked out of it, i should have listen to what people were tell me about you guys team z and him.
    So any way i took my car to him on 7-8-08 give him 3g cash to get started
    well time goes by and no progress on my car, on 9-01-08 there was still no progress done on my car..
    So i felt it was safe to loan out some cash to someone that needed it plus i had invested some also..
    So on 9-14-08 he calls me and tells me my car is done
    now mine you i am not working yet because i had took the gm buy out in april of 08
    so i was like i should have my cash back soon and i will be able to square up with him in the mean time i have been giving him parts turbo, boost controller, waste gate and a little cash here and there just to keep the peace
    well on 9-24-08 he starts charging me a 50 dollar a day storage fee, time goes by i still don't have my cash
    even though i had cash sitting in the bank and and was not working yet i was going to play it safe and make sure my family had money instead of my car still here in my garage "i told him that too"
    well i finally have the cash to get my car i go there and i have racked up 4250.00 charges in storage, i was like ok this is crazy
    long story short

i paid 11152.00 between parts and cash for this pos cage
    i have been told to take him to court
    is it worth it ? Most likely not
    i rather just get the word out..

I am so pissed i may just sell this thing
    i have a line on a 05 body in white i may buy

holy fuck!!

I have to be honest and say you are a jackass for asking a shop to do a build that you weren't ready to pay for.

That said, this cage is a complete and utter JOKE. I think I'd punch somebody in the face if they did that to my car.

The only thing you can do is cut it back out, and hope you can use some of the metal for the new one.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

I have to be honest and say you are a jackass for asking a shop to do a build that you weren't ready to pay for.

I'm gonna have to agree 100% with this statement. You don't ever want to pay in full up front, but make sure you have the cash to pay the job off. "ASSUMING" anything is what gets you in trouble. Always ASSUME the job will be done the next day and be ready to pay.

Lesson learned on this one I guess.

That said, this cage is a complete and utter JOKE. I think I'd punch somebody in the face if they did that to my car.

The only thing you can do is cut it back out, and hope you can use some of the metal for the new one.
    Ya I should have had the cash that is my fault, but he was draggin his feet so much I though I was safe to do what I did
    regardless the cage is screwed and he has his cash in full
    Last edited by FiveFour2000GT; 12-05-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Thread Information