Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This doesnt look right does it

Default This doesnt look right does it

I think I found the answer to my suspension problems.

When I got my fox, my steering knuckle was bent, so I grabbed a set of 95-94 knuckles and bolted them on, as thats what everyone recommended. Only prob was that I got wicked positive camber and the car went way toed in. But i assumed it was just because I installed a steering rack too. Well I took it to milan for the first time and it was all over the place on the big end. I heard bad stories of bumpsteer when you put 96-04 knuckles on a fox. Apparently my k-member is set up for 96 knuckles I believe.I never really paid attention after belle aligned it. but today just out of curiousity i climbed underneath. the steering arm is supposed to be level with the LCA isnt it?

Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

You need to bring that tie rod down, to be level with the arm. A bump steer kit should do that.

Anyone? The bumpsteer kit only fixes them if theyre too low, not too high. But can someone confirm that theyre not the correct angle
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Club Sponsor

you need a bumpsteer kit.

Quote Originally Posted by cjmatt View Post
    Anyone? The bumpsteer kit only fixes them if theyre too low, not too high. But can someone confirm that theyre not the correct angle
    They are not the correct angle... You need a bumpsteer kit... Ask Joe Wheeler... He had his rack lowered and had to use a bumpster kit on his pace car...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

I think my lower control arms were made for 96-04 knuckles. Would swapping in the 96 knuckle be a better alternative to bandaiding with a bumpsteer kit? These are 94-95 knuckles and when I swapped out my old ones. I immediately went like 4 degrees positive camber and way toed in. I dont even remember what the old knuckles looked like. they went in the trash that night.
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Quote Originally Posted by cjmatt View Post
    I think my lower control arms were made for 96-04 knuckles. Would swapping in the 96 knuckle be a better alternative to bandaiding with a bumpsteer kit? These are 94-95 knuckles and when I swapped out my old ones. I immediately went like 4 degrees positive camber and way toed in. I dont even remember what the old knuckles looked like. they went in the trash that night.
    How are you thinking the bumpster kit is a bandaid?!?! The bumpster kit is made to have safe steering geometry...
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Matt, again measure your control arms. I have mine sitting right here and I can tell you the length they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Style Dragger View Post
    Matt, again measure your control arms. I have mine sitting right here and I can tell you the length they should be.
    What do you have? 12in or 13in?

Quote Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
    How are you thinking the bumpster kit is a bandaid?!?! The bumpster kit is made to have safe steering geometry...
    according to maximum motorsports, the intro of the mod motor forced them to drop the rack an inch. the bumpsteer kit wont correct a whole inch. So id be better off just swapping in new 96-04 knuckles which I can get for less than the cost of the bumpsteer kit anyway. Plus then im not torquing on the knuckle from an inch long spacer
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Thread Information