Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Help with 60' times

Quote Originally Posted by Superstocker View Post
    With all that power I dont see really anyway around an ARB.

That is on the winter list of things to do. Could be why the tire hit??

Prolly a combo of body squat and the tire growing at speed .
    Brian
    87 GN

It may have happened durring the burn out, I accidentally took it to 6500 in second. Damn rpm's come on to quick.

Quote Originally Posted by TRBOBUICK View Post
    Prolly a combo of body squat and the tire growing at speed .

well atleast you got your 60' down.......and i dont mean to be a thread hi jacker, but my car 60's a 1.52 on motor on the foot brake, my question is, how much should i expect from an anti-roll bar, and i was thinking about getting a trans brake, how much should i expect from that?
    Regulator Racing

Quote Originally Posted by greentrunk View Post
    well atleast you got your 60' down.......and i dont mean to be a thread hi jacker, but my car 60's a 1.52 on motor on the foot brake, my question is, how much should i expect from an anti-roll bar, and i was thinking about getting a trans brake, how much should i expect from that?
    my car didnt really pick up 60ft putting a anti roll bar on just made it leave better not all crooked and stuff. and on nitrous a foot brake sometimes 60ft better than a trans brake. on motor a trans brake will help though.

and james, when you put a 28x10.5 on it you have to roll the outer lip of the wheelwell some usually. that is probably what tore up your tire. what rims and backspacing do you have?
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Club Sponsor

Seen a 28 inch slick ctahc the quarter pannel and get cut down before. It sucks. Better to run a 28 inc 275 60 15 radial is you don;t want to tuck and do a bunch of work around the slikc.

I rolled the lip mostly around the top, the front and back are still flat. The rear quarter has a small crunch at the rear bottom , moving it farther away from the tire. You can tell about 2" in from the outside of the tire it hit the back of the well, the outside edge hit the front of the well. rims are 15x8 with 5.5 bs. I had to pound the hell out of the inner well with a BFH to make it clear. Pissed me off to only get one good pass. seems like everytime I go to the track I get 1 pass and something is broke. My car seems to launch fairly level with the stock rear sway bay and right side airbag. I still dont think my car lifts the tire more than 1-2". I kinda want to see some air. HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by johnquick302 View Post
    my car didnt really pick up 60ft putting a anti roll bar on just made it leave better not all crooked and stuff. and on nitrous a foot brake sometimes 60ft better than a trans brake. on motor a trans brake will help though.

and james, when you put a 28x10.5 on it you have to roll the outer lip of the wheelwell some usually. that is probably what tore up your tire. what rims and backspacing do you have?

Thread Information