Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with 60' times

Default Help with 60' times

I have a Fox Notchback and cannot seem to get better than a 1.69 60'. For info the car has around 600 rwhp and over 700 torque. It has Team Z dual adjustable uppers with spheracle mounts, non adjustable lowers with poly bushings, air bag in pass spring, drag springs front and rear, adjustable shocks and struts, angle is at aprox. -3 tried -2 to -4 still the same, factory rear anti sway bar, front sway bar removed, 27/10.5-15 Hooshier quicktime pro's, 3.55 gear, C4 trans with brake, 3300 converter, Engine is a supercharged 8.2 deck. I am new to the trans brake so have only tried it a couple of times launching at 3200 and still the same 60' as foot braking. I feel this car should pull at least low 1.5 60'. Any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by jameser View Post
    I have a Fox Notchback and cannot seem to get better than a 1.69 60'. For info the car has around 600 rwhp and over 700 torque. It has Team Z dual adjustable uppers with spheracle mounts, non adjustable lowers with poly bushings, air bag in pass spring, drag springs front and rear, adjustable shocks and struts, angle is at aprox. -3 tried -2 to -4 still the same, factory rear anti sway bar, front sway bar removed, 27/10.5-15 Hooshier quicktime pro's, 3.55 gear, C4 trans with brake, 3300 converter, Engine is a supercharged 8.2 deck. I am new to the trans brake so have only tried it a couple of times launching at 3200 and still the same 60' as foot braking. I feel this car should pull at least low 1.5 60'. Any help would be great.
    It could be the converter. Im sure it doesnt make peak tq at 3300. You prolly need another 1000 rpm.
    Brian
    87 GN

With 700TQ, you should be well in the low 1.4x's high 1.3x's! Converter issue for sure.
    Last edited by allthrottle; 11-03-2009 at 11:09 AM.
    Don't let folks tell you it can't be done.
    93' GT 347ci with some boost!

Peak torque was at around 3300 on the dyno, I had a 4000 stall in it and just recently went with a custom built 3300 that was supposed to match the engine power and torque. Both converters produced the same 60'. This car is a street driven can so I dont want to get to carried away with a high stall. Can I trans brake the car higher than the stall?

You also need a true anti roll bar, not the factory stuff. Then get rid of the air bag. Are your tq boxes reinforced ?
    Brian
    87 GN

Club Sponsor

What kind of dyno gave you those numbers ?

Quote Originally Posted by jameser View Post
    This car is a street driven can so I dont want to get to carried away with a high stall. Can I trans brake the car higher than the stall?
    I drive a 4500 stall converter on the street and it drives like stock. Its all in the converter maker. Dont buy some ati or cheap type, get ready to spend 750+ . If your converter is new, will they re stall it for you ?

Its hard to go above the stall on a brake.
    Brian
    87 GN

torque boxes are reinforced. Numbers on a Dynojet not a mustang.

Converter is new and they can restall it.

With a high hp automatic car, dyno numbers are not a dead on thing. Seans dyno said i only made 530 hp, but i went 135 in the 1/4. Its all subjective.

What brand converter ?
    Brian
    87 GN

Thread Information