Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Help with 60' times

I just looked up Redneck performance and it was ok for 400 hp street cars but sucked for high hp cars. There are two things you never go cheap on: heads and converters. You get what you pay for, a $300.00 dollar converter will never do what it is supposed to.

Look into a coan or precision . I drive the 4500 stall around town. Off boost and light throttle it comes off a light at 1000 rpm. On the brake it goes right to 4450 rpm and spools the turbo fast without a two step.
    Last edited by TRBOBUICK; 11-03-2009 at 12:11 PM.
    Brian
    87 GN

Quote Originally Posted by TRBOBUICK View Post
    I just looked up Redneck performance and it was ok for 400 hp street cars but sucked for high hp cars. There are two things you never go cheap on: heads and converters. You get what you pay for, a $300.00 dollar converter will never do what it is supposed to.

Look into a coan or precision . I drive the 4500 stall around town. Off boost and light throttle it comes off a light at 1000 rpm. On the brake it goes right to 4450 rpm and spools the turbo fast without a two step.
    X2... I tried looking in their feed back and it talked about mud trucks and stuff.
    The fact is: you posted on here for advice, the advice is, ditch the converter. I'd bet money you'd be satisfied! It's like Edge racing converters-Good guys to deal with will make an awesome converter for 500hp street engines and below, but even they will tell ya to go with something else for 7,8,900 HP street driven vehicles. Just my .02
    Don't let folks tell you it can't be done.
    93' GT 347ci with some boost!

Look into a coan or precision.
    Or......UCC or Dynamic.

--Joe

jameser, we are not trying to look down on you or bust your balls . My answers are out of frustration from converters in general. Ive gone the cheap route just to have it explode and take out a rare stage 1 buick transmission. Ive gone cheap and the car would 60 foot good but have no top end. Ive driven cars with 4000 stalls and they had to go up to 4000 rpm just to move. I finally broke down and spent 750 bucks on a precision converter. BEST.CHOICE.EVER. The car picked up mph, it spooled faster and it actully drove as nice as the stone stock converter that my car came with.
    Brian
    87 GN

jameser, we are not trying to look down on you or bust your balls . My answers are out of frustration from converters in general. Ive gone the cheap route just to have it explode and take out a rare stage 1 buick transmission. Ive gone cheap and the car would 60 foot good but have no top end. Ive driven cars with 4000 stalls and they had to go up to 4000 rpm just to move. I finally broke down and spent 750 bucks on a precision converter. BEST.CHOICE.EVER. The car picked up mph, it spooled faster and it actully drove as nice as the stone stock converter that my car came with.
    x2
    Don't let folks tell you it can't be done.
    93' GT 347ci with some boost!

is it spinning the tires or boggin the motor? if its spinning the tires its not the converter. if its boggin the motor then it is.
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

It spins the tires a little but seems to pull good, deff not bogging the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by jameser View Post
    It spins the tires a little but seems to pull good, deff not bogging the engine.
    what track were you at? tell me it wasnt lapeer.
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Lapeer and ubly. At Ubly I had my best 60' of 1.68

Dude..... you prolly should have said it was spinning the tires in the first place.

Did you hook at ubly ?
    Brian
    87 GN

Thread Information