Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Help with 60' times

I've had 3 converters in this car a B&M then PI and now Redneck performance All with the exact same results. If someone can guarantee a new converter will put me in the 1.4s let me know. I dont have the funds to buy a converter again just to get the same results. My brother now uses the PI converter I had and his 60' is high 1.5s.

It hooked at Ubly but that was foot braking and was still not good at all.

If the car hooked and you only went 1.68 60 foot it means one of two things: Your engine only makes 400 hp or the converter is too tight. Thats all it could be.

And if they will restall it ask them for 4200 or so. Did you have them build it for you or did you get it off the shelf ?
    Brian
    87 GN

Quote Originally Posted by jameser View Post
    I've had 3 converters in this car a B&M then PI and now Redneck performance All with the exact same results. If someone can guarantee a new converter will put me in the 1.4s let me know. I dont have the funds to buy a converter again just to get the same results. My brother now uses the PI converter I had and his 60' is high 1.5s.
    i dont think its hooking well. i dont think its the converter. 1.5 is not hooking. you should be going low 1.4s hi 1.3s all day. if it was dead hooking and only going that 60ft then i would say converter but if its spinning the tires its not gonna 60ft. how old are tires, what psi are they set at? who set your pinion angle?
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by jameser View Post
    It hooked at Ubly but that was foot braking and was still not good at all.
    try milan saturday. lots of people will be there to give you a hand. the guy who helps me set up my suspension will be there also.
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Club Sponsor

Do you have a video of the car leaving ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnquick302 View Post
    i dont think its hooking well. i dont think its the converter. 1.5 is not hooking. you should be going low 1.4s hi 1.3s all day. if it was dead hooking and only going that 60ft then i would say converter but if its spinning the tires its not gonna 60ft. how old are tires, what psi are they set at? who set your pinion angle?
    He said it hooked at ubly off the footbrake and only went 1.68 .
    Brian
    87 GN

Quote Originally Posted by TRBOBUICK View Post
    If the car hooked and you only went 1.68 60 foot it means one of two things: Your engine only makes 400 hp or the converter is too tight. Thats all it could be.

And if they will restall it ask them for 4200 or so. Did you have them build it for you or did you get it off the shelf ?

I had them build the converter to my specs.

Quote Originally Posted by TRBOBUICK View Post
    He said it hooked at ubly off the footbrake and only went 1.68 .
    1.68 is not hooking. if you never went 1.3s or something it probably would feel like it hooked but i doubt it really did. if its going 140mph it has enough power to pull a tight converter better than a 1.68 i dont care if its a 2000stall converter.
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by johnquick302 View Post

The tires are a couple years old, I set pressure from 16 down to 13 but usually leave them at 14 psi. I set the pinion angle using an alignment rack with weaver plates and a calibrated digital angle finder from my work.

Thread Information