Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Help with 60' times

Club Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by jameser View Post
    Not exactly sure about the boost on trans brake or foot brake but instantly goes to 12-14 when launched.

Well it doesn't sound like by your description that power is coming up to slow to get a good 60ft. I'd go with what the other guys are saying here. It is very possiable that you simply aren't getting enough power to the ground. It could also be that you may not have the power comming on fast enough as well.

Slicks almost always work so it sure would remove 1 variable from the list of problems.

Yes John meant a stiff sidewall slick. they work beter on cars over 2800lbs.

Do you mean stiff sidewall. I may order some.
    ya my bad. stiff sidewall.
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Borrowing a set of tires might be the eisest way to find out, john could be right. But if it dead hooks then it might be something else.
    Brian
    87 GN

I just ordered a set of MT 28/10.5-15 stiffwall slicks. I need to get new rubber for next year anyway. maybe I can make it there for Sat. Thanks for the help and We will see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by TRBOBUICK View Post
    Borrowing a set of tires might be the eisest way to find out, john could be right. But if it dead hooks then it might be something else.
    tires are a couple years old anyways he needs new ones. lol

hoosiers wear out so fast. they only good for a short period of time. they work great for that time but thats it.
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Will I be able to get in some passes on Sat or is it like other no ET days where you get in 2 passes? If you get there at 2 are you able to make some passes without waiting forever?

Club Sponsor

get there early and you should be able to make some runs. Wuith the wether being so so I'd expect either a huge turnout or no turnout.

Will I be able to get in some passes on Sat or is it like other no ET days where you get in 2 passes? If you get there at 2 are you able to make some passes without waiting forever?
    Did you go?How did it do?just curious

Quote Originally Posted by dante1120 View Post
    Did you go?How did it do?just curious

I went, the first pass pulled a 1.47 60". so then I raised the boost to around 15# and the right slick somehow hit the fender well on the front and back and tore about 2" of surface area down to the cords. (that 28/10.5/15s is a tight fit). When I tried to launch it for some reason kept making the car pull into the right lane. I got out of it and hit it again and it went straight tward the right lane, so I just went slow down the rest of the quarter. Found out the brand new slick was wasted. Another bunch of BS, but the car now 60"s much better. Car felt good and strong.

Forum Member

I went, the first pass pulled a 1.47 60". so then I raised the boost to around 15# and the right slick somehow hit the fender well on the front and back and tore about 2" of surface area down to the cords. (that 28/10.5/15s is a tight fit). When I tried to launch it for some reason kept making the car pull into the right lane. I got out of it and hit it again and it went straight tward the right lane, so I just went slow down the rest of the quarter. Found out the brand new slick was wasted. Another bunch of BS, but the car now 60"s much better. Car felt good and strong.
    With all that power I dont see really anyway around an ARB.

Thread Information