Thread: Need some advice

Default Need some advice

So I picked up set of old school steel wagon wheels 15x10 and some33x12.50x15 tires for my beater truck. the wheels are a little beat up nothing to bad. My question is what's the easiest and cheapest way to redo the wheels? Should I sand them by hand and spray paint them? How much does powder coating cost? What about sand blasting then taking them to a paint shop or something? Remember I don't have any connections down here in Hillbilly land..Lmao.

Thanks guys.
    murph
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    So I picked up set of old school steel wagon wheels 15x10 and some33x12.50x15 tires for my beater truck. the wheels are a little beat up nothing to bad. My question is what's the easiest and cheapest way to redo the wheels? Should I sand them by hand and spray paint them? How much does powder coating cost? What about sand blasting then taking them to a paint shop or something? Remember I don't have any connections down here in Hillbilly land..Lmao.

Thanks guys.
    murph
    Sand them and spray paint them. If they are just for your beater its probably not worth powdercoating. I have sanded and painted several sets for people by hand with rattle cans and if you take your time you can make them look really good!!

I wouldn't spend to much $ on the wheels. I bought 4 brand new crager steel wheels with matching center caps and black lug nuts branf new from summit for $250
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '00 Stage 2 Roush Mustang 2v Swap...
    '04 YFZ450- Turbo Stock Bore
    '04 Sierra 2500- CCSB LB7
    '01 Blazer- 5.3 Project/Garage decor

Twister Racing 2k13

Quote Originally Posted by churd609 View Post
    Sand them and spray paint them. If they are just for your beater its probably not worth powdercoating. I have sanded and painted several sets for people by hand with rattle cans and if you take your time you can make them look really good!!
    I think this is the route I'm gonna go. I only paid $100 for wheels and tires and the truck is just a beater so I really don't want to or need to spend money to make them look show quality..Lmao. Another question. Seeing that you have done this before do you recommend Clear coating them as well?

murph
    Murph

Definately, since I did them for other people I actually sanded them, then used some filler primer and sanded, then did a couple base coats sanding in between, then did the same for the clear cut, then wet sanded and buffed them out. They turned out really good and I think I did everything over the course of 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    I think this is the route I'm gonna go. I only paid $100 for wheels and tires and the truck is just a beater so I really don't want to or need to spend money to make them look show quality..Lmao. Another question. Seeing that you have done this before do you recommend Clear coating them as well?

murph

Quote Originally Posted by churd609 View Post
    Definately, since I did them for other people I actually sanded them, then used some filler primer and sanded, then did a couple base coats sanding in between, then did the same for the clear cut, then wet sanded and buffed them out. They turned out really good and I think I did everything over the course of 3 days.

Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks for the advice...

murph
    Murph

Thread Information