Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Avatar over a billion $$$$$$

I'll see it when it comes out on video, I wonder what those sales will be like ?

Forum Member

I am pissed that it made more money then Transformers 2. Now I won't go and see it in the theater because I bet it is all hype

You buy that? That's over 4.6 million dollar for every minute of that movie or $77,000 per second. Maybe they consider profit after paying their expected salaries and the rest is just a bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by stalked_R/T View Post
    THey had to break 750 million to see any profit.

Forum Member

"Avatar" is one of the most expensive movies ever made. This year's most eagerly awaited release cost $237 million to make and another $150 million to market.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceStangs View Post
    I am pissed that it made more money then Transformers 2. Now I won't go and see it in the theater because I bet it is all hype
    ???

It's not all hype, the CGI is ground breaking and the movie really is entertaining...as opposed to Transformers 2, which was a pile of garbage.

This is a flick I'd want to see on the big screen. Our schedule didn't allow us to wait around for the 3D Imax showing, but this movie was made for that. I may check it out again on Imax if I get a chance.
    It's my fault for making it look so easy.

nomnomguy "Got Milk?" Buuhbye guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    ???

It's not all hype, the CGI is ground breaking and the movie really is entertaining...as opposed to Transformers 2, which was a pile of garbage.

This is a flick I'd want to see on the big screen. Our schedule didn't allow us to wait around for the 3D Imax showing, but this movie was made for that. I may check it out again on Imax if I get a chance.
    the graphics were wayyyyy more believable then transformers, there were scenes where the helicopter plane thingy was landing and all the blades of grass are spreading out looked so damn real

Forum Member

And Transformers cost less then $200 mil to make and has made almost $900 mil world wide

Quote Originally Posted by RaceStangs View Post
    And Transformers cost less then $200 mil to make and has made almost $900 mil world wide
    And your point is?

Why exactly are you pissed Avatar has grossed more, and why would that stop you from seeing it?
    It's my fault for making it look so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    We saw it today. Eye candy for sure. The plot wasn't earth shattering, but the film was entertaining....not sure about the rest of you, but that's why I see movies
    x2
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

I may go see it this weekend. I'll have to find it in 3D though. I enjoy the cgi movies a lot. I just never really understood what this one was about. I had seen the previews during other movies and it seemed way out there for me. But I have absolutly nothing better to do this weekend so I might check it out.

Transformers wAs decent. Although they hit you with so much action at once it was sometimes hard to follow the real artwork involved in making small car turn into a 3 story robot! To many explosions.

Thread Information