Thread: Silver Lake sand dunes Labor Day

Default Silver Lake sand dunes Labor Day

Should be getting more, but here's a couple pictures that were taken from the Saturday of Labor Day weekend at the sand dunes.

This is the first time I have ever seen a cowl hood for a jeep....
    Jeremy
    FLOORMAT RACING

Did you happen to see the accident where a older Jeep and a honda CR450F hit eachother?

1998 C5- Supercharged to keep up with traffic
    2004 F-250 Superduty

That looks like a fun ride, both of those jeeps are bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by BB71Mopar View Post
    This is the first time I have ever seen a cowl hood for a jeep....
    There's a few of them around. Last I knew though, nobody actually makes a hood. On my dads Jeep (below), he got a cowl hood, took about 2" from the middle section to cut it down, then fiberglassed it in. I like the looks, but I also like the "stock" look.

Did you happen to see the accident where a older Jeep and a honda CR450F hit eachother?
    Nope, and I didn't even hear about that? Doesn't sound very good though....what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by 502SS View Post
    Nope, and I didn't even hear about that? Doesn't sound very good though....what happened?
    Buddy of mine was on the drag strip making passes on his bike. Looped around to head back towards the starting line and a jeep was cutting across the directional traffic. They met at a pretty good speed, enough to blow the jeeps front tire off the bead. Broke my friends arm, and back. Damaged his spinal cord and is currently paralyzed from the waist down. The guy was drunk driving the jeep with out a license and it happened to be his 3rd DUI.

2004 F-250 Superduty

Holy shit that sucks. I went out for my first time on a bike this year (KTM 300 2 stroke). My second ride ever on a bike actually. Not sure why I bought a bike but it was fun as hell. The dunes are a lot safer than wooded trails but assholes can ruin everything. I hope your friend is ok and can ride again in some form.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSn95 View Post
    Buddy of mine was on the drag strip making passes on his bike. Looped around to head back towards the starting line and a jeep was cutting across the directional traffic. They met at a pretty good speed, enough to blow the jeeps front tire off the bead. Broke my friends arm, and back. Damaged his spinal cord and is currently paralyzed from the waist down. The guy was drunk driving the jeep with out a license and it happened to be his 3rd DUI.
    What time did that happen? We were there from about 12'ish to 7'ish at the strip the whole time. Sorry to hear about your friend. I can't believe somebody can be out driving like that after 3 DUI's and no license. Some people just don't give a shit about anything but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by 502SS View Post
    What time did that happen? We were there from about 12'ish to 7'ish at the strip the whole time. Sorry to hear about your friend. I can't believe somebody can be out driving like that after 3 DUI's and no license. Some people just don't give a shit about anything but themselves.
    Happened like right around 6pm. Yeah, hard to believe people would drink and drive out there on a busy weekend. I could understand if you sat out on the water and didnt drive. Driving anything out there on a busy weekend requires all of your attention. We love the dragstrip, two years ago I was racing a guy on another 450, sure enough as i clicked 4th a guy on a quad pulled right out across the strip. laid the bike down and hit him, i walked away from it with some bruises but people are stupid out there.

2004 F-250 Superduty

Thread Information