Thread: 515 whp 384 wtq , MD with 122cu inches.

Default 515 whp 384 wtq , MD with 122cu inches.

I had completely forgotten to post my little adventure on this forum, it is a few months old, I hope you enjoy the story. Some of you other forums might have read it already

Story time what everyone likes to read..

Bright and early , jeremy and I get on the road to Wakeman , Ohio. We left the house around 5:45, the gas that was in the car was 93 octane from a local shell gas station. After getting our fix of caffenne and being some what Awake, driving through rush hour traffic and rain.... we made our way through ohio and reached Buschur racing.

The temperature in wakeman was
    53 degrees
    humidity 100% ( rain)
    baro ( Ohio is probably the same elevation of michigan so I guess 700 feet above sea level.)

Once we got there, pulled into the parking lot and decided to throw in a fresh set of plugs NGK BR8ES gapped at 32. As we walked into the shop, we introduce ourselves to dan buschur and Nick, and Dave buschur drooling over all the parts and evos/dsms that were on the lift and in the parking lot. After we exchanged all the pleasantries the car was loaded up on the dyno,

poor old Vida didn't know what to do, I think she pissed all over herself, because the "bad bish" was just merely feet in front of her.. Quite intimidating..

As Dave started to mess around with tune... dialing in the scaling/latency values , THE MAN himself comes pulling in A 10 Sec Evo lovingly plated as "I HUNT V8", non other than Mr Trent Stanley "Trent - o -matic" , come to find out that he is a BIG University of Michigan fan, at that point I was not too impressed with Trent ( I am a MSU fan) LOL

Alright enough horsing around ( Man I was excited to be there, it was like a kid in a candy store).. Dave decided to make a pull, I figured well we are at gate pressure ( 16 psi) on straight gas, Bam 390 whp and the dyno pull was stopped at 6000 rpm..., holy shit, I asked dave, DO you want the Methanol on ? he politely says " I don't need that"

Now a little history, everyone knows that I have used the PMAS meters for years.. they have worked well for me and continue to do so, however a large problem with them is the scaling of the tuner box, where you can move the voltage graph from one end to another.. This inturn could possibly mis calculate the LOAD values that the ecu is seeing.. which makes the car very difficult to tune. So after some fiddling with this unit.. frustration started to set in, because the car, was just NOT making sense at all in the datalogs..

Dave continued to work through the car, 1 hour goes by, 2 hours goes by, Time to turn up the boost...we tried to turn up by 4 pounds of boost ( stupid EO1 was not co-operating).. so we said fuck it let it rip at 26 psi... the car started to go lean... WTF...
    there should be no way that we were at 97 % duty cycles on 1000cc injectors and twin pumps.. So with some more fiddling, Dave determined that the fuel pressure was not were it was supposed to be ... He was having similiar problems with another car, so he figured that maybe he got a bad set of walboro pumps..

Now Dave could have just stopped and said fuck it, go fix your car and bring it back, but he, just like jeremy and I are, wanted to problem solve. He then told us to take out the double pumper ( while the car was on his dyno mind you) and he would replace the pumps with brand new ones..to see if that was the issue) ... So after jeremy and pull em out, dave installs the brand new pumps. ( we were in the back of his shop, seeing the inner workings of buschur racing). It was awesome to be surrounded, by engines , turbo kits, intercoolers and fueling components.

After we installed the double pumper into the car, dave had another crack at it... We crossed our fingers and prayed to the car Gods .... car comes into boost... immediately lean ( keep in mind that the fueling tables had been adjusted full rich, )... at this point, Jeremy is stumped , I am stumped , dave is stumped, even trent came out and he was stumped.

I made a comment about the stock fuel pressure regulator.. do you think that this could be the problem, dave ended up saying, sure I am another one ( new) fuck it lets give it a shot...

While jeremy was installing the new fuel pressure regulator , I started to fiddle with the old one, this is what came out of it..

probably a table spoon worth of rust and crap..

Lets make a run, crossing our fingers again, 10 psi, 20 psi, 26 psi....... afrs peg 9.8:1
    FUCKKKKKK YES AND NO SHIT, A STUPID STOCK FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR IS THE CAUSE OF ALL OUR PROBLEMS, who would have thought..

after some tweaking dave ( 10 minutes) dave got us this number here is quick video

jeremy and I were jumping around like a bunch of school girls when the numbers came up, very exciting for us.
    and the final HP graph 512 whp 384 wtq AT 26 psi , NO methanol and SHIT 93 octane gas

My Review of Buschur Racing:
    You hear alot of things about how Dave buschur is an asshole and he is conceited and all this other stuff, In my opinion he is Just a man that is passionate about what he does for a living. This has been the first time that I have dealt face to face with Dave and here are my impressions. I have never seen so much comradery and professionalism from a shop owner, HE went above and beyond the call of duty, to not only tune the car, but diagnosis the issues. You do not see this kind of behaviour too often in the performance world. You can see the PASSION AND JOY in his face when he tuning a car... This is a man that loves what he does and loves to see other people succeed regardless of whose parts are on the car. I mean come on its not like everyday, that a couple of backyard mechanics ( jeremy and I ) get complimented on the work that we do by a renowned person in the industry.

THANK YOU BUSCHUR RACING and thank you David for All that you have done for us, I truly felt like I was part of the "buschur family." Jeremy will tell you the exact same thing.

I can PROUDLY SAY, I NOW Have a 500+ whp PUMP GAS FREAK EVO
    Engine bay shot

I hope you have enjoyed the story as much as I have enjoyed telling it to you, MORE to come as always.

Drive safe
    p.s we did not get a chance to go to speed industry as it was late already , we shall attempt to do so , as our schedules clear up. A Race gas tune will be coming next year some time, as I have much to think about on the mangement system that is in the car.
    Last edited by antilag_200; 01-08-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Nice, my brother in-law had his old evo tuned my them, nothing too big, but he was running 12.70s with it.

"New Thread" & "Post Reply" button abuser Quick86's Avatar

Gratz, Warren! NICE numbers!!

thats a crazy ass header.

weak...

Nice! Any plans for a race gas tune just to see what she'll make?

nice, I would of been all geeked too if my I knew what kind of power my car was hiding. Shit I think I'm gonna check my mine on all my cars, my yukon and gp might run better. Congrates on that monster 4door.

Club Member

That's an impressive shop. It's where Tim Bailey blew up my STi.

That dyno room gets LOUD.

Nick

Forum Member

Very nice writeup and impressive results!

Thread Information