Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another shop fire....

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    From what I understand he had insurance on the building and the tools, not on the cars. I'm guessing most of them were client's cars, hopefully they had them insured. But either way, it's not gonna cover the man hours and parts and what not. I think he said the cars in there were valued at about 1m.

Not sure on the cause yet
    If that was my shop, I *almost* wouldn't even want to know. Just for the simple fact of IF it was human error I don't think I'd be able to live with myself. I hope he gets everything straightened out and gets the shop going again!
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

I'd say he's done a decent job of recovering: http://jasongrahamhotrods.com/home
    It's my fault for making it look so easy.

I'd say he's done a decent job of recovering: http://jasongrahamhotrods.com/home
    The red car on his home page is sick !!! I'd love to have one $$$$$$

If you can't sell it, Burn It!

*runs for cover*

Quote Originally Posted by Zarken View Post
    If you can't sell it, Burn It!

*runs for cover*
    Right. Insurance would never cover the amount of labor in those rides. Besides that, most of them were customer cars/ commissioned builds. Rare parts, one off fabrication, basically already sold.

Right. Insurance would never cover the amount of labor in those rides. Besides that, most of them were customer cars/ commissioned builds. Rare parts, one off fabrication, basically already sold.
    So based on what I am seeing in the news about these money makers (people). They make millions yet have to claim bankruptcy every week. One could speculate, they paid 50k to commision the car, and need to pay another 50k to finish paying it off. Market crashes, the car is now worth after all is done, 30k. They can't sell it for the 100k they paid, so they burn it for the 100k it's insured for. Just enough to break even. I know the numbers aren't correct but stranger things have happened. I mean look at the veyron that went into the water!

I would rather see these type of parts in the water than burned, at least some could be saved from water but alot of those old race parts are now toast

the sad part is now half those cars probably didnt even look that bad when they were resurrected from the fields they were stored in
    URDONE4 Racing
    13 F-150 Ecoboost
    07 Corvette Z06
    02 Turbo Goat Titties
    98 Formula
    91 Notch

Quote Originally Posted by Zarken View Post
    So based on what I am seeing in the news about these money makers (people). They make millions yet have to claim bankruptcy every week. One could speculate, they paid 50k to commision the car, and need to pay another 50k to finish paying it off. Market crashes, the car is now worth after all is done, 30k. They can't sell it for the 100k they paid, so they burn it for the 100k it's insured for. Just enough to break even. I know the numbers aren't correct but stranger things have happened. I mean look at the veyron that went into the water!
    It's obvious from you original "flame suit" post you just want to argue, but not much of your "hypothetical" makes sense in this particular case. If you want to make sense, look up the details of the incident and how he's dealt with the aftermath.

Even the Veyron is a nonsense analogy. There were no labor costs in that case. No one-off aftermarket fabrication. No irreplaceable tools. Just a dude with a shady past driving a fully insured vehicle into lake.

Sucks that all that work went to waste. I hate it when irreplaceable stuff like that gets ruined
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Thread Information