Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 lug swap/brake question

Default 5 lug swap/brake question

I ended up going with a set of 98 cobra front spindles, am I limited to only using the cobra brakes now ? I was told these spindles suck the wheels inward slightly making it impossible to use the 90-93 calipers and mark 7 rotors I intended on using.
    2016 Fusion Titanium with a few things done

Quote Originally Posted by Pure84GTT View Post
    I ended up going with a set of 98 cobra front spindles, am I limited to only using the cobra brakes now ? I was told these spindles suck the wheels inward slightly making it impossible to use the 90-93 calipers and mark 7 rotors I intended on using.
    Thought the 96+ pushes the wheels out. You can't use a Mark VII rotor because the 94+ use a wheel baring assembly-the Mark VII has the old scohool set up (inner/outer bearings).
    Last edited by 82hatch; 04-12-2010 at 06:05 PM.
    Another proud member of Dang-o Racing!!

so can I use 94+ calipers, brackets, and rotors ? V6 GT and or Cobra ?

so can I use 94+ calipers, brackets, and rotors ? V6 GT and or Cobra ?
    all the 94+ stuff is interchangeable. what the problem youre going to have though is that the 96+ stuff was designed for a different k-member to fit the mod, so they dropped the steering rack, a 5.0 k member will give you a fucked up bumpsteer without a kit. just make sure your kmember is set to work with newer knuckles.
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

matt, its all from team Z and with the 96+ stuff and bump steer kit Ive heard I should be dandy like candy

matt, its all from team Z and with the 96+ stuff and bump steer kit Ive heard I should be dandy like candy
    Find out if all team z k members are set up for mod motor steering linkage. If thats the case, you shouldnt need the bumpsteer kit as itll already have correct geometry. 96+ also have better steering turn in angle
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

I plan on sinking this boy into the weeds, I will talk to Dave about it. Im picking up a coil over kit from him friday

whats good with those lakewoods matt ? its no biggity if you decided not to part with them

I plan on sinking this boy into the weeds, I will talk to Dave about it. Im picking up a coil over kit from him friday

whats good with those lakewoods matt ? its no biggity if you decided not to part with them
    Naw, Ill sell ya the lakewoods. Just trying to space out my car part purchases hahaha. Ive gotta pull off the 95 knuckles soon anyway. Which reminds me, Ive gotta get ahold of dave on the struts and manual rack
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Ive experienced the fox body bump steer you speak of too, and I hated it. my old car followed every little bump in the road.

Ive experienced the fox body bump steer you speak of too, and I hated it. my old car followed every little bump in the road.
    That wasnt even it, at Milan it would cut left and right depending on if I was in or out of the throttle. I was feathering the pedal to keep it from blowing the tires off and it wanted to go all over the lane. I ran it 2-3 times like that off the spray because it was a little bit more manageable then put it back on the trailer. It just wasnt right. It had originally had 96's on it when I got it, but I never paid attention because 1 was bent. It was a night and day difference
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Thread Information