Thread: Long Exposure Detroit Pride

Cool Long Exposure Detroit Pride

A couple buddies and myself went out today and found the darkest wall we could find...We took two flashlights (which, I must admit, weren't as direct as I had hoped for), and we got some really cool long exposure shots...let me know what you guys think.

The only editing I had to do to these was to crop out the useless ground/white siding on the top of building and to straighten them out, because apparently the ground there wasn't very level. I just used the clone tool in PS to tighten up around the edges, which were eventually covered with a black border that you cannot even really see.

Let me know what you guys think. We didn't have any chalk or anything, so we kind of had to eye-ball all of the writing. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what we could use to mark things out that isn't totally illegal? We thought about sharpies and then realized that that would be defacing public property...

You could try spelling with a wet rag, that way it'd just dry off in a few minutes. I don't know if it'd look weird with dark spots along the edges (or maybe you could manage to get a shadow effect). The last one looks like Detreio. For an idea, you could get different colored gels (overhead transparencies, or actual camera lighting gels), and do the text in different team colors, etc,...

thats pretty neat!

FOR SALE: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am 4.82@161 PM for details.
    2001 Trans Am: Almost Finished!!!
    2007 C6 Z06 Vette: Coming soon to a track near you
    2004 Duramax: CCSB, 33s, 5" MBRP, Lift Pump, CAI, Tuned by Diesel Addiction

thats crazy!

Those shots are pretty damned cool.

Quote Originally Posted by scotthidley View Post
    You could try spelling with a wet rag, that way it'd just dry off in a few minutes. I don't know if it'd look weird with dark spots along the edges (or maybe you could manage to get a shadow effect). The last one looks like Detreio. For an idea, you could get different colored gels (overhead transparencies, or actual camera lighting gels), and do the text in different team colors, etc,...
    Thats actually a really freaking good idea....We were trying to think of what to use but that could totally do it....The Detroit ones were cool in theory, but very difficult to write when we forgot how to write in cursive!!! I think we're going out on Saturday with more people and more flashlights...so expect me to update this thread with some crazy shots in a couple of days!

Quote Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER View Post
    thats pretty neat!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quickguido View Post
    thats crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemissGTO View Post
    Those shots are pretty damned cool.
    Thanks guys!!

Thumbs up Only in the D....

GREAT work....somebody needs to email those to the damn NewsZ......

Thread Information