Thread: Learning Curve

Default Learning Curve

So after hanging out with my kids for a bit I got a chance to take my birthday present (a D90) out for a few shots. It's going to take me a little bit to learn this one. I must day I do like it a little more than my D60. Shutter speeds and focusing are so much faster. Should be a fun year for photographs. Anywho here's what I took last night.

very cool pics.
    2008 z06 - H/C/I/E

"Don't ask for pics either. She would make a train take a dirt road."

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Dayum that thing is shiny!
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

were those pics taken in chi town ? "made you look" writes in chicago a lot
    2016 Fusion Titanium with a few things done

Club Member

I will say you picked a PERFECT time of day for photographs! Shooting with direct sunlight is always very nasty so great time to go out shooting! The golden color from the sun at that time is the most faltering color on anything whether its be a person or car.

I hope you dont mind if i provide a couple helpful tips..

I also feel like you picked some neat locations. One thing to remember is that you took your car out to get photos of it. So take car photos. Showing some environment is great, but make the car the center piece of the photos. Use the awesome graffiti wall but maybe not show all the words. Stand back and zoom in so you have the car is most of the frame. The car then becomes the center of attention...and the graffiti becomes a cool background! Only other this is to use reflection to your advantage by making the car look real nice and shiney (which it is btw..haha..it looks great!) but look out for reflecting images on the car that will make it look funny. Hope this helps a little bit with the next time your out!

Awesome first job i will say though..and you have a nice camera to learn with!

.Chris Bacarella
    Last edited by Cbacarella; 04-15-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemissGTO View Post

I REALLY like these two, great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure84GTT View Post
    were those pics taken in chi town ? "made you look" writes in chicago a lot
    No, all of these pictures were taken in Downtown St. Louis. We have a flood wall along the Mississippi river that the mayor allows graffiti artists to come "decorate" if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbacarella View Post
    I will say you picked a PERFECT time of day for photographs! Shooting with direct sunlight is always very nasty so great time to go out shooting! The golden color from the sun at that time is the most faltering color on anything whether its be a person or car.

I hope you dont mind if i provide a couple helpful tips..

I also feel like you picked some neat locations. One thing to remember is that you took your car out to get photos of it. So take car photos. Showing some environment is great, but make the car the center piece of the photos. Use the awesome graffiti wall but maybe not show all the words. Stand back and zoom in so you have the car is most of the frame. The car then becomes the center of attention...and the graffiti becomes a cool background! Only other this is to use reflection to your advantage by making the car look real nice and shiney (which it is btw..haha..it looks great!) but look out for reflecting images on the car that will make it look funny. Hope this helps a little bit with the next time your out!

Awesome first job i will say though..and you have a nice camera to learn with!

.Chris Bacarella
    I appreciate the tips. I'll more than likely end up using a couple of them the next time I go out to shoot.
    Tonight I get to shoot motorcycles. I think the tripod and external flash are going with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugger Z View Post
    Dayum that thing is shiny!

All you need is some elbow grease and a little bit of wax and you too can have a shiney car.

I'm kidding man. I try my best to keep the car clean, and right now pollen is winning.

Nice!!!

Thread Information