Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corvette C5 GTR "quick detail"

Default Corvette C5 GTR "quick detail"

Did a little clean up on a friend of mine's car today. My buddy Joe has pretty much taken ownership over this car since his dad now has a C6 to play with. This is the first GTR that Jeff of Specter Werks made (to my knowledge, it's vin plate is 98-001) I have personally loved the lines of this car since day 1. Anyways, I saw it sitting in Joe's driveway the past few days since it has been out of "storage" at the dealership over the winter, so I grabbed it on my way in this morning to do a little clean up after hours. Here are the results. Mind you, this car now has 72K miles on it, and honestly probably half of those miles are on a road course and the other half are from caravans/long distance trips! the entire car has been repainted atleast 3 times we figured this afternoon, and the front end has been replaced/repainted probably twice that In the near future I'll be cleaning pop's Group 6 Corvette! anyways, enough blabbering, here are some pictures!

First, proof this thing gets thrown around the track like a cheap date! the tires are cupped like crazy and have many signs of heat cycles! I remember when Joe and I were 16 and his dad rented Gingerman for the day and the two of us were taking turns behind the wheel when they were done with their racecar testing for the day!

and he rest are the after pictures, I only spent about 4 hours on it. did a quick steam clean on the interior and went over the seats and counsil/door panels and then did a wash/clay/1 step polish and a wax on the exterior. quickly went over the HRE's rim with some metal polish and called it a day!

interior all lined up!
    -Matt Zimmerman-

'98 Turbo Camaro '02 PowerStroke F-2Fiddy '06 YZF-R6

nice work, car is nice. i think i met the guy last year durring woodward in pontiac.
    08 kawi zx-14
    00 vette

nice... one of these days im gonna have to arrange a detail / photo session lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedXtcy View Post
    nice work, car is nice. i think i met the guy last year durring woodward in pontiac.
    More than likely! When my camaro was together we used to head out to woodward all the time.

Dang, I didn't even notice how blurry that interior picture came out ahh dang point and shoot camera
    -Matt Zimmerman-

'98 Turbo Camaro '02 PowerStroke F-2Fiddy '06 YZF-R6

my mom has a yellow group 5 specter werkes C5. I think that specter werkes has one of the best looking and fitting body kit I have saw for the C5.
    Here for a good time, not a long time....

for a car that's likely to have been driven very hard and to have been resprayed multiple times - looks good. Silver is always a hard color to really make pop, but this baby looks quite "liquidy"

Thanks again for the outstanding service you guys gave my windows Matt. The tint looks SO much better than the stuff that used to be on there. I'm itching to get to finally wash my car and drive top-down soon enough
    AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care
    www.autolavish.com

Read our Professional Detailing Articles Here

Like / Follow us on Facebook!

Got a Detailing or car care question? Ask us here!

Ahh I remember that car, the good ole days lol
    Jon
    URDONE4 Racing
    Stock 93' notch
    14' 300s - DD

Club Member

Joe has been beating on that car for a loooong time Nice work!
    Chris White
    2022.5 Sierra Denali LM2
    2022 XT5 Sport
    2022 C8 3LT Coupe
    2022 ZL1
    2023 Escalade V

Export tail lights...nice!!

Matt- Do you guys have the ability to clean suede? I'm looking to have the interior detailed on my Cobra soon (after paint) and the light inserts are suede,can they be cleaned? My wife had an R/T Durango and a local detail shop downriver ruined one of the suede inserts by using a brush, they had to replace the seat cover.
    I have a bad case of Automotive A.D.D.

WWW.DETROITRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    Now this is an acceptable use of photos and video's in the Pub.

Nice job. Looks like he's got some Vette Essentials Leather pcs in there...

Thread Information