Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corvette C5 GTR "quick detail"

Quote Originally Posted by n8dogg2669 View Post
    my mom has a yellow group 5 specter werkes C5. I think that specter werkes has one of the best looking and fitting body kit I have saw for the C5.
    wait, does her license plate say tweety or something to the effect of tweety bird with the car being all yellow? Could be another one, but if it's her i'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure I've met your mom "back in the day" at a track rental. edit, is her name Wendy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc@AutoLavish View Post
    for a car that's likely to have been driven very hard and to have been resprayed multiple times - looks good. Silver is always a hard color to really make pop, but this baby looks quite "liquidy"
    Thanks again for the outstanding service you guys gave my windows Matt. The tint looks SO much better than the stuff that used to be on there. I'm itching to get to finally wash my car and drive top-down soon enough
    Thanks Marc, i'm glad you are happy with your windows! And thanks for the compliment.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcstrat View Post
    Ahh I remember that car, the good ole days lol
    Yeah this car has been around the block a time or 72K

Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    Joe has been beating on that car for a loooong time Nice work!
    Yes him and anyone else that asks for the keys, the Cauley family is not shy about letting anyone take something of theirs for a spin, Hell like I said, the two of us were puttin laps on it at a gingerman rental when we were just barely 16. Sadly the motor in the car now is ready for a refresh, it's getting pretty sluggish and tired!
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    Export tail lights...nice!!

Matt- Do you guys have the ability to clean suede? I'm looking to have the interior detailed on my Cobra soon (after paint) and the light inserts are suede,can they be cleaned? My wife had an R/T Durango and a local detail shop downriver ruined one of the suede inserts by using a brush, they had to replace the seat cover.
    Yes the export taillights are a must on these cars I think, they really set it off. I was dropping a customer off at her house one day and when she opened the garage I saw her C5 in it with the exports, I told her she has good taste, she was shocked I even knew what the exports where!

as for the micro suede, yes it is cleanable, if it's stained or anything really bad on them it's usually not going to come clean as I can't use anything abrasive and even the cleaners I use are very mild on them. But they can clean up to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    Nice job. Looks like he's got some Vette Essentials Leather pcs in there...
    It has a lot of little things different about the car, the carpet isn't even the factory carpet/color. You would know better than I about the rest though
    Last edited by SS4Matt; 04-30-2010 at 11:41 PM.
    -Matt Zimmerman-

'98 Turbo Camaro '02 PowerStroke F-2Fiddy '06 YZF-R6

Thread Information