Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cop shoots biker in the back during a traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by leolhaudek View Post
    First, it look to me that the bikers were drag racing.

Second, the cop did not turn on his lights until after the bikers took off.

Third, and most important you cannot shoot a person WITHOUT the BRANDISH of a WEAPON, let alone SHOOT the PERSON in the BACK!

It was NOT JUSTIFIED!
    I agree.

The cop was quick to pull the trigger. A taser would have been the right tool to have used in that situation had it been needed, which in this case i don't even think tasing him would have been justified.
    Mike

Total bullshit. If that is the case I should have been shot numerous times. 11yrs and 15k is a light sentence for what that guy has to live with now.
    Jeremy
    FLOORMAT RACING

Now i couldnt hear any sound...But could the guy on the bike actually be shutting it off?....I'm a Harley mechanic and it sure looks like it was a key to shut it off to me...either way...Bullshit shot from the cop...

Quote Originally Posted by t-typex1 View Post
    The guy isnt small, and is clearly not turning all the way around. The officer is on the left side of him yelling. So, with that, even IF he had a gun, I couldnt see where the officer would justify shooting him in the back without visual contact of the weapon or the man turning his body around far enough to justify threat in this specific situation. To shoot the officer on the left side of him with his right hand, he'd have to turn almost all the way around. I dont see it
    have fun in jail!
    www.Addictsracing.com 248-852-9710
    ASE certified Master Technician
    '88 Lancer Shelby 2.5T2 under the knife '79 Trans Am T-tops 455 rocket

Quote Originally Posted by LTLHOMER View Post
    It's definitely not a justified shooting but the guy still gets a partial Darwin award for trying to run and then not following the officer's orders once he was giving up. I know if a cop ever pulls a gun on me, I'm listening to everything perfectly because I don't want one of those crazy cops that panics to shoot me because he sees something that isn't there. He probably wouldn't have been shot although the cop definitely didn't have a very legit reason to shoot him. Both guys are at fault in this case.
    question for you.. cop has a gun pointed at you while you in your car.. tell you put your hands up! then tells you to get out of the car but the door is shut.. what do you do?

i was in this situation.. its not fun.
    08 kawi zx-14
    00 vette

The kid was in the wrong, but no where near as wrong as the officer. No reason to put a bullet in someones back IMO.

Club Member

I hope this cop goes to jail and meets some of the guys he put away.
    Last edited by natzke4; 05-13-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Total use of excessive force. What if the guy had been deaf? How's he supposed to know what the cop is screaming at him? Granted, there's no excuse for their blatant disregard for the law, which in turn got them pulled over. But, this is pure trigger-happy bullshit in my opinion. If being a cop is too scary for ya, find a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    Total use of excessive force. What if the guy had been deaf? How's he supposed to know what the cop is screaming at him? Granted, there's no excuse for their blatant disregard for the law, which in turn got them pulled over. But, this is pure trigger-happy bullshit in my opinion. If being a cop is too scary for ya, find a new job.

I agree.
    Jeremy
    FLOORMAT RACING

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

If you guys think that is justified... I hope you don't ever reach for your seatbelt or wallet during a traffic stop.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Thread Information