Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Cop shoots biker in the back during a traffic stop

i thought cops had to say something before shooting if the gun isnt pointed at them? like stop.. put the gun down.. not see a hand move and shoot.

i know when i stopped on the bike i did everything that guy did and thats FUCKED up he got shot. how can anyone shoot before seeing a weapon.. and if he had a weapon he would have to spin around turn aim and then shoot. the cop is in no danger if the weapon is not pointed in his direction.
    08 kawi zx-14
    00 vette

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Absolutely. It's tough for me to comprehend that some people can't see this.

These guys were horsing around on Harleys. They nailed it from a stop and put some distance on the cop whom they clearly didn't know was there. People who think they were running clearly don't understand the situation, motorcycles and Harleys. That kind of situation means the bikes are LOUD. The wind is LOUD. The mirrors (if they had any) are useless with that speed and vibration.

Once the realized that the cop was behind them (and I believe that was only because the other biker got squirrelly and they both slowed down)... the guy clearly was stopped.
    Were you there? Are you psychic? What makes you think you know exactly their intentions? You know the exact situation? Were you the guy who lost control of his motorcycle and hopped the median or whatever? Because if you aren't the paralyzed guy or the guy who can't control his motorcycle then you don't know the situation at all. I'm not saying I do either, and that's why I'm not gonna say I'm correct and put everyone else down who doesn't think the same way.

This is basically you, "I know exactly what they intended just by watching a video of a video because I ride motorcycles and my opinion on the matter is the end all of this discussion and your opinions are all inferior because my opinion is right and yours isn't."

But hey, that's just my opinion. Disagree with me if you want, I won't sit here and find it tough to comprehend how you can't see that.
    Joe formerly easy2cy
    '06 Ford Focus ZX5 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by easy2cy View Post
    Were you there? Are you psychic? What makes you think you know exactly their intentions? You know the exact situation? Were you the guy who lost control of his motorcycle and hopped the median or whatever? Because if you aren't the paralyzed guy or the guy who can't control his motorcycle then you don't know the situation at all. I'm not saying I do either, and that's why I'm not gonna say I'm correct and put everyone else down who doesn't think the same way.

This is basically you, "I know exactly what they intended just by watching a video of a video because I ride motorcycles and my opinion on the matter is the end all of this discussion and your opinions are all inferior because my opinion is right and yours isn't."

But hey, that's just my opinion. Disagree with me if you want, I won't sit here and find it tough to comprehend how you can't see that.
    The guy was fired and is on trial. It is pretty rare a cop gets fired for a shooting unless they obviously did something way out of line. It is even more rare they are prosecuted for it. A lot of people that are involved apparently think he ad no reason to shoot the guy.

fuck that cop, bull shit shot!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
    The guy was fired and is on trial. It is pretty rare a cop gets fired for a shooting unless they obviously did something way out of line. It is even more rare they are prosecuted for it. A lot of people that are involved apparently think he ad no reason to shoot the guy.
    Let's be clear, I don't think it was a clean shoot either. I think his adrenaline and fear got out of control. He still hasn't been convicted though. Innocent until proven guilty. We'll just have to see where the jurors side after both sides of the story are told.
    Joe formerly easy2cy
    '06 Ford Focus ZX5 5spd

Forum Member

Wow-the guy was just looking all around at the cops actions, his buddy's crash, and then BANG. Riding bikes as loud as those two sounded would make it hard to hear after riding a while without helmets.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by easy2cy View Post
    Really? You were told wrong then. Incapacitate doesn't mean wing them in the leg or arm...it's center mass until the threat is gone. So, if I put one bullet in your chest and you drop to the ground and are no longer a threat but alive it's not to "take them out". Cops aren't licensed "shoot to kill". That's what I was taught at least..
    This doesn't make any sense. You are really suggesting that "shoot at center mass until the threat is gone" doesn't equal shoot to kill?
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    That guy's hand is on his thigh....all he's doing is looking back. That was 100% bullshit. That cop should be raped in prison.
    Fucking cocksucking cop!! Total bullshit!
    A good cop could tell the guy was just resting his arm on his leg.
    2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT
    1987 Mustang GT turbo build in progress.
    1999 Ford F250 7.3L

POHO's finest Redneck! Instigator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    79' Fairmont, Built not bought
    If it has all working lights, 2 seats, plates/insurance, cooling system, alternator and exhaust its a street car
    Dont let your mouth write a check your ass cant cash

Thread Information