Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask AutoLavish! Answers to your car care questions...

One other thing Marc - when you're actually cleaning the interior panels, do you use a specific product/applicator, or do you just go over it with the 1Z? I see it has some cleaning properties from reading info on it. I just used a MF applicator yesterday and didn't pre-clean any surfaces. In the future if the panels are soiled, what would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by got_h8rs? View Post
    Thanks for the help Marc! +1
    No problem

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    One other thing Marc - when you're actually cleaning the interior panels, do you use a specific product/applicator, or do you just go over it with the 1Z? I see it has some cleaning properties from reading info on it. I just used a MF applicator yesterday and didn't pre-clean any surfaces. In the future if the panels are soiled, what would you suggest?
    It certainly does have cleaning power - enough that when combined with a brush or two you should be fine. Keep an old truth brush around and maybe a small medium-stiffness brush, and you should be more than fine. Of course a guy like you likely will never have a truly grimy interior.
    AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care
    www.autolavish.com

Read our Professional Detailing Articles Here

Like / Follow us on Facebook!

Got a Detailing or car care question? Ask us here!

Thanks for the reply Marc. I will check some of those products out. The car already has been polished and there are almost zero swirls or any other defects. I am just looking for a nice wax to maintain and improve on the deep shine that I already have.

Thanks you your help!

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeHonks View Post
    Thanks for the reply Marc. I will check some of those products out. The car already has been polished and there are almost zero swirls or any other defects. I am just looking for a nice wax to maintain and improve on the deep shine that I already have.
    Thanks you your help!
    In that case...
    I'd recommend a really nice wax. I'm not quite sure what you're looking to spend, so here's a bunch of ideas:
    Dodo Juice Supernatural
    Dodo Juice White Diamond
    Dodo Juice Light Fantastic
    Dodo Juice Purple Haze
    Dodo Juice Blue Velvet
    P21S 100% Carnauba
    Lusso Oro
    Meguiar's #16 Mirror Glaze (no longer available)
    Zymol waxes have a lot of positive reviews as long as it is Concours or above
    Swissvax waxes have a lot of positive reviews as long as it is Saphire or above

Those are some I'd recommend because they offer not only a great look, but plenty of clarity to bring out the best of your reflections. In other words - they play off the best feature of your paint color.

www.autolavish.com

Thanks again. I dont mind spending some money on a quality product as long as there will be a benefit. I will look into those! Thanks!

I also have a few bottles of 3M foam pad finishing glaze. Is this stuff any good?
    Last edited by ThreeHonks; 02-15-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks again. I dont mind spending some money on a quality product as long as there will be a benefit. I will look into those! Thanks!
    I also have a few bottles of 3M foam pad finishing glaze. Is this stuff any good?
    I understand, and keep in mind that if used correctly (spread as thin as humanly possible) that any wax should last you a long while.
    I'm not familiar with the 3M finishing glaze so I can't speak on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a pretty good product.
    Happy Detailing!
    www.autolavish.com

Club Sponsor VarsityCustomWerkz's Avatar

Marc, i was wondering what you used to clean out the door jambs that are pretty nasty? Also what is the best product to clean leather, especially lighter leather with dye transfer from dark jeans etc. thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by got_h8rs? View Post
    Marc, i was wondering what you used to clean out the door jambs that are pretty nasty? Also what is the best product to clean leather, especially lighter leather with dye transfer from dark jeans etc. thanks for the help!
    Door jams can surely get real nasty if they're not cleaned up on a regular basis. Many people over look them leading to a large amount of gunk being trapped in the area. You can clean them with diluted All Purpose Cleaner, but on jobs that are really bad we often reach for a product like FK#1119 or Meguiar's Body Solvent. These products excel at breaking down oil and grease so can be great for door hinges with abnormally high amounts of white silicone sprayed all over.

You can go back in this thread to see a lot more information on leather care, but basically I'd recommend Leather Master products as they're truly professional grade and made for specific purposes. Leatherique can be great as well, but is often times a longer process (though can at times save time depending on how bad the leather is).
    www.autolavish.com

Thanks a lot Marc. I appreciate you answering my questions big time, it was a lot of help

Thanks a lot Marc. I appreciate you answering my questions big time, it was a lot of help
    Not a problem. Happy Detailing!
    www.autolavish.com

Thread Information