Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask AutoLavish! Answers to your car care questions...

Quote Originally Posted by kammi10 View Post
    any tips for getting less swirls on black vehicle. i clean the wash mitt every time after and before i use it, wash in a straight line instead of circles. wax it every three weeks, use the air compressor to blow 75% of the water off. but still get terrible swirls all the time.
    Black isn't a color: it's a part time job.

If you're doing all the small things right like washing gently and never touching the paint unless you're gently washing her, keep in mind that if you have swirls, the only way to get rid of them is through proper machine polishing.

Additionally, make sure you're not using circular motions when waxing or remove the wax residue once you do have her polished out. Old school waxes and even some current waxes have abrasives in them meant to help a normal owner to lightly polish their car while they wax to increase the clarity of the finish while they're working to protect their finish, but once your vehicle is swirl free, you don't need such products nor do you need to use them in the same manner.
    AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care
    www.autolavish.com

Read our Professional Detailing Articles Here

Like / Follow us on Facebook!

Got a Detailing or car care question? Ask us here!

A mysterious figure named Darko DarkoStoj's Avatar

got a set of wheels with little black spots all over them. I tried using a drill attachment with some meguars polishing compound and it doesnt really work that good to get them cleaned up. Is there anyway instead of spending 2-3 hours a wheel and making a huge mess getting these back to nice?

Quoted for the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc@AutoLavish View Post
    Black isn't a color: it's a part time job.
    HI 5 Racing

It sure the hell is, I'm afraid to wax my esv.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoStoj View Post
    got a set of wheels with little black spots all over them. I tried using a drill attachment with some meguars polishing compound and it doesnt really work that good to get them cleaned up. Is there anyway instead of spending 2-3 hours a wheel and making a huge mess getting these back to nice?

Those look to have quite a bit of pitting and embedding brake dust. I'd recommend using this: http://www.detailedimage.com/CarPro-...600/500-ml-S1/

Thoroughly and completely dissolves iron particles from brake dust. Might need multiple applications to 100% remove it, but it's awesome. Smells horrid.
    www.autolavish.com

A mysterious figure named Darko DarkoStoj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marc@AutoLavish View Post
    Those look to have quite a bit of pitting and embedding brake dust. I'd recommend using this: http://www.detailedimage.com/CarPro-...600/500-ml-S1/

Thoroughly and completely dissolves iron particles from brake dust. Might need multiple applications to 100% remove it, but it's awesome. Smells horrid.
    man you weren't kidding...this stuff stiiiiinks

I popped the cap to see how bad it was and it stunk up the whole office

smells like burnt hair

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoStoj View Post
    man you weren't kidding...this stuff stiiiiinks

I popped the cap to see how bad it was and it stunk up the whole office

smells like burnt hair
    I'm pretty sure burnt hair smells better. I'd never recommend anything that smells close to this unless it was very effective. Make sure to use some nitrile or latex gloves as to not have the smell embedding into your skin. You'll get to watch it turn purple as it mixes with the iron particles that is liquefies.
    www.autolavish.com

Default Ask AutoLavish Answers to your car care questions

Answered your own question, get the cheapo car cover if you can find one. If you are expecting a quick turn around the donk wheel crowd wont care about overall condition. Blow the leaves out right before they come over.

Mark, whats the best way to clean and polish windows? I have a back window that could really use a good cleaning. I have tryed standard glass cleaner and it works but I am looking for something better. Your recomendations please?

Quote Originally Posted by red347lx View Post
    Mark, whats the best way to clean and polish windows? I have a back window that could really use a good cleaning. I have tryed standard glass cleaner and it works but I am looking for something better. Your recomendations please?
    As you already know, back windows tend to get quite nasty quite quickly. They almost always need more than one cleaning session, so don't be discouraged if it takes 2-3 or even more cleanings to really get the glass as clear as your standards. Another thing you can try is a wax product once it's been cleaned at least once. Apply thin, allow to fully haze, and then wipe off the residue. This tends to both fully clean off contamination faster, and leaves a slight film of protection to make the next cleaning a bit easier.
    www.autolavish.com

Thread Information