Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Ask AutoLavish! Answers to your car care questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Or you could buy Iron-X. They're iron deposits that get stuck in the paint.
    This makes life easier, but smells like hot dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Or you could buy Iron-X. They're iron deposits that get stuck in the paint.
    where can you buy this stuff locally?

You can't.

If you're strictly looking for OTC / local solutions, you're going to be stuck doing it the long hard way with less effective products / results.
    AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care
    www.autolavish.com

Read our Professional Detailing Articles Here

Like / Follow us on Facebook!

Got a Detailing or car care question? Ask us here!

so i ordered Iron-x. any tips on using this stuff. is it safe if it gets on plastic molding? do i spray the whole car at once or do segments?

Quote Originally Posted by no5.0notch View Post
    so i ordered Iron-x. any tips on using this stuff. is it safe if it gets on plastic molding? do i spray the whole car at once or do segments?
    Likely, but I wouldn't want it all over plastics.
    Make sure to work in the shade.
    After washing the car and rinsing it back down, spray on the Iron-X, using a glove hand rub the iron-X around so that you get complete coverage. Wait 15 minutes and hose it all off thoroughly.
    www.autolavish.com

What do you recommend for doing a light "dusting" of a black car? As in, it just has a bit of dust on it, but doesn't need to be washed. Is a Kozak cloth safe to use as long as you tread lightly?

Nothing. Dust is broken down dirt, is broken down sand. Sand had quartz.

If your paint is harder than quartz, you're safe. If not, you're going to cause light scratching.

Best case scenario, use a quick detailer and fluffy clean microfiber towel, but you're still taking a lot of risk on. Be careful.
    www.autolavish.com

Would you recommend washing it in lieu of using a quick detailer? What are your thoughts on blowing the dust off with compressed air?

Also, this is a brand new (black) paint job. What wax would you recommend that has no polish/abrasive in it?

I wish the Dodo Juice web page was designed by a professional - they want a lot of money for products that they give you no real information on.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    Would you recommend washing it in lieu of using a quick detailer? What are your thoughts on blowing the dust off with compressed air?

Also, this is a brand new (black) paint job. What wax would you recommend that has no polish/abrasive in it?

I wish the Dodo Juice web page was designed by a professional - they want a lot of money for products that they give you no real information on.
    I always recommend a full two-bucket style wash whenever possible. Situations dictate changes, and owners have to make decisions. I have a lot of different types of clients with different needs. I have a great client in Lansing that takes his prized '69 GTO to shows every week. He's learned to curb how much he dusts his vehicle because of the risk of scratches and swirls. He still does, but now it's less than half of what he used to to. I have another client that realized a two-bucket wash wasn't enough because of the hard water where he lives (Clarkston), so purchased a CR-spotless water de-ionizer for when he rinses and couldn't be happier. Most are somewhere in between.

Compressed air to blow things off your car isn't 100% without risk, but nothing is. You tell me what's better: quartz particles blowing at XXXmph across your soft clear-coat, or trying to physically remove quartz particles from your clear-coat? I don't have the answer, but that is what we're talking about.

There are more options for protective products without abrasives and cleaning agents now than ever. Keep in mind there are a lot of varying opinions about higher end waxes. Some say they're not worth it because they don't truly last longer or protect "better" while others would say anything you enjoy and use often is obviously worth the money. Personally, I have no problem spending extra on my baby. I'm not doing so because I think it'll give my car a few extra wheel horsepower, but rather I find I'm more likely to use them, which means my car will end up looking better, staying clean longer, and coming clean with less effort.

Dodo Juice hasn't put much into their website. They realize they're sold through distributors, and have done well because of word-of-mouth. They therefore have spent a disproportionate amount of time on online forums (detailingworld.co.uk) and doing things in person (in Europe and even here in the US). The information I posted in my article on Supernatural ( http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...-carnauba-wax/ ) I learned from information they've explained and talked about online.

If you are interested in a Dodo Juice wax, I'd recommend buying their sample sizes prior to pulling the trigger on a full tub. Each individual sample tub will get you 3-6 applications.
    http://www.detailedimage.com/Dodo-Ju.../4-x-30-ml-S1/
    http://www.detailedimage.com/Dodo-Ju.../4-x-30-ml-S1/

Or get crazy and get the kit to make your own custom blend
    http://www.detailedimage.com/Dodo-Ju...-Wax-Kit-P598/
    www.autolavish.com

Awesome. Thanks so much for the helpful advice. I've made two pages of notes after reading all 32 pages of this thread.

Thread Information