Thread: Shocks/Struts, or Springs..Which to change first?

Default Shocks/Struts, or Springs..Which to change first?

Getting ready to go out in the garage and put on my new suspension that just arrived for my Mustang. This is my first time doing a suspension swap. Just wondering which I should go about doing first, changing the springs first, or the shocks/struts, or does it not really matter? Thinking the springs should be done first though since that seems like the most difficult.

uhh, well you can't change the springs with the shocks/struts on, so that leaves you with one choice.

yep going to have to pull the shocks/struts first before taking the springs out. Suspension won't drop far enough to get the springs out with them bolted in. Really only one way to take it apart.

If you need more help feel free to ask I'm sure someone can walk ya threw it.

Well i got the front struts out, really were a piece of cake besides the rusted ass top nut. Started to attempt to remove the springs but with as late as it is and having to do this pretty much in my drive way, I decided to call it a night so I don't end up waking the neighbors. Now my question is, after reading installation articles on americanmuscle.com for both ford racing springs and h&r springs they both have different ways of going about removal, so what would be the best/easiest/quickest way of getting the old springs out. Is it really necessary to undo the tie rods from the spindle? Thanks in advance for any advice. Much appreciated!

Thread Information