Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastwood Concours HVLP

Default Eastwood Concours HVLP

I've been curious about this gun and was looking for any experience or opinions. I like it because it only requires 4cfm@29psi so it should work for smaller home compressors.

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-concours-...metal-cup.html

My wife ordered me one for fathers day so I will post an update after running it on a 30 gallon 110v craftmans 6cfm@40psi compressor.
    93 Mustang
    87 GN

I'm looking at the same one.

For the price I would suggest Devilbiss Finishline
    I have a bad case of Automotive A.D.D.

WWW.DETROITRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    Now this is an acceptable use of photos and video's in the Pub.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    For the price I would suggest Devilbiss Finishline
    Yeah for the $200 you can get the 3 piece Devilbiss kit but then you would need a $700-1000 compressor to keep up with the cfm requirements. This should be a great gun for the novice with an average compressor.
    93 Mustang
    87 GN

Quote Originally Posted by SVTSINR View Post
    Yeah for the $200 you can get the 3 piece Devilbiss kit but then you would need a $700-1000 compressor to keep up with the cfm requirements. This should be a great gun for the novice with an average compressor.
    Are you planing on spraying completes? Because my concern with spraying a complete with a 30gl compressor is moisture in the lines, I used my Sata's with a 25gl craftsmen and most of those guns require 10-15 cfm's @ 40 psi which translate to nearly 6-10 cfm's @ 29psi which most painter's spray at. To be honest even if your a novice,expert,or whatever I prefer someone buy a quality gun they can rebuild in 5 years if they need to and finding parts for a random manufactured gun may be hard. Go with a reputable gun manufacturer, DeVilbiss, Iwata,Sata, if your looking for inexpensive definately look at DeVilbiss they make some nice equipment for cheap
    Last edited by smooth; 06-10-2010 at 11:21 AM.

WWW.DETROITRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    Are you planing on spraying completes? Because my concern with spraying a complete with a 30gl compressor is moisture in the lines, I used my Sata's with a 25gl craftsmen and most of those guns require 10-15 cfm's @ 40 psi which translate to nearly 6-10 cfm's @ 29psi which most painter's spray at. To be honest even if your a novice,expert,or whatever I prefer someone buy a quality gun they can rebuild in 5 years if they need to and finding parts for a random manufactured gun may be hard. Go with a reputable gun manufacturer, DeVilbiss, Iwata,Sata, if your looking for inexpensive definately look at DeVilbiss they make some nice equipment for cheap
    I feel stupid not knowing you could spray with a smaller compressor but everything I read was saying 60 gal. or more. To be honest at $200 I almost consider it a throw away after 5 years of use. If I continue painting like I want to in the next few years then I will most likely update my set up to my skill level.

I do plan on doing completes and your actually on to my next question which is " What oil separater and air filters do you run / recommended for home systems?"

Eastwood has a couple in the 2-300 range or is something from Harbor freight fine for novice use?
    93 Mustang
    87 GN

Quote Originally Posted by SVTSINR View Post
    I feel stupid not knowing you could spray with a smaller compressor but everything I read was saying 60 gal. or more. To be honest at $200 I almost consider it a throw away after 5 years of use. If I continue painting like I want to in the next few years then I will most likely update my set up to my skill level.

I do plan on doing completes and your actually on to my next question which is " What oil separater and air filters do you run / recommended for home systems?"

Eastwood has a couple in the 2-300 range or is something from Harbor freight fine for novice use?
    I have an oil/water seperator from Lowe's and also another water drop about 15ft before the end of my hose, I will get exact name tomorrow.

WWW.DETROITRACING.COM

Could you post of a pic of the water drop? Does it get dragged on the ground or do you only have 15 ft to work with?
    93 Mustang
    87 GN

I would like to know as well!!

lol me 2 ill like to kno about the water drop

Thread Information