Thread: Issues with chassis center line

Default Issues with chassis center line

I am about to start my cage install and found an issue whal checking for chassis straightness. Laid down my chassis center line and took measurements from a few symmetrical checkpoints on my frame and suspension. All the measurements were equal from side to side when measuring from frame check point to C/L. But when i measured from my rear sway bar mount hole to C/L I got a 1/2in difference from side to side. I still have to make sure the sway bar mount plates on my lca,s are welded square And take a few more measurements off my rear housing to insure rearend straightness but does anybody have any thoughts on correcting this issue?

Last edited by cobrarwanab; 06-16-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Here i am, what are your other 2 wishes?

Every mustang i have ever worked on the rear end is never centered in the car. specially with non adjustable suspension components. Mine is off to the right just over 1/4" and my buddies car is off center to the left almost 1/2". both cars go straight down the track with low 1.4 60 foot times

Quote Originally Posted by Billydroveit View Post
    Every mustang i have ever worked on the rear end is never centered in the car. specially with non adjustable suspension components. Mine is off to the right just over 1/4" and my buddies car is off center to the left almost 1/2". both cars go straight down the track with low 1.4 60 foot times
    Ahh, i see. Well i checked again today and it is closer to 3/8 to the right. The body is straight so i can move froward with the cage work. Thanks on the info, I think i will let it be for now.

Here i am, what are your other 2 wishes?

Quote Originally Posted by cobrarwanab View Post
    Ahh, i see. Well i checked again today and it is closer to 3/8 to the right. The body is straight so i can move froward with the cage work. Thanks on the info, I think i will let it be for now.
    Believe i read in an article you can help center the rear with the upper controll arms.

yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydroveit View Post
    Believe i read in an article you can help center the rear with the upper controll arms.

Thread Information