Thread: FS: Klipsch Forte loudspeakers

Default FS: Klipsch Forte loudspeakers

They go really loud, and you will not, I repeat, WILL NOT, find a finer sounding speaker for the money. Theyre very efficient, making 98dB of sound off of 1W of power. These have the full Bob Crites upgrades, brand new crossovers using Sonicap polypropylene capacitors (stock were crap electrolytics), 18awg inductors, new Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms (stock are phenolic), and new Crites midrange diaphragms. Bob Crites is very renowned in the Klipsch world, he makes upgrades for all Klipsch Heritage line of speakers. You can audition these on my single-ended tube amp. Normal asking price for a pair of non-upgraded Fortes is between $500 and $600. These upgrades alone would run you just shy of $400. Note I said upgraded and not modified. The parts used are well within factory specs, just higher quality components. These things go down to 32Hz easy, in most cases, a subwoofer wont be necessary. They have been very well maintained, and are in rather minty shape for being 26 years old. They would make great mains for a home theater or an awesome stereo. SOLD!

Last edited by Tin; 06-26-2010 at 06:27 PM.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Price drop...$500. Thats giving these away. They will nicely acquaint you with your neighbor half a block down the street
    '16 Fiesta ST

bump. These are true classics, with a very open and detailed sound. They will show any nuance in any recording or movie you throw at em. If Klipsch still made these, they would retail for approximately $3000 per pair, as theyre between a Heresy and a Cornwall.
    '16 Fiesta ST

bump
    '16 Fiesta ST

dude. i want these bad! why is it that all the older stuff always sounds so much better? my dads got a setup in our basement from like 1979 that still jams to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by 99lsWON View Post
    dude. i want these bad! why is it that all the older stuff always sounds so much better? my dads got a setup in our basement from like 1979 that still jams to this day.
    Cmon over and check em out. I have a NAD C350 you can hear em on, or my tube amplifier. They sound great with either one. Im in Sterling Heights.
    '16 Fiesta ST

SOLD!
    '16 Fiesta ST

Thread Information