Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post pics of you Painted/Powder Coated Calipers....

Ive powdered them for people, and I have just degreased and then blasted them for people to do them selves. It all comes doen to if you wanna do work yourself or not. It might also be worth it to search around for a new seal kit for when you put them back together.

yes duplicolor, worked great for me

Default duplicolor

duplicolor, sand , prep and paint thick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 02camaroSS View Post
    Little pricier than $30 worth of rattle can paint but I guess you get what you pay for. Thanx for the info Im goin with the powdercoating
    thats was the caliper and bracket guy honestly doesnt charge enough for the work he does
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Factory coated fronts

and I painted the rears to match. Just as bright, with an enamel-based paint from ACE. It's got a thicker consistency to it and looks more like a powder coated finish than a thinly-sprayed paint. Before I did the rears in that heavy paint, I sprayed them in a red and was pretty much night and day.

If the factory powdercoats the vette calipers and they look perfect, thats the route Im going. I cant stand doing things twice so Im not gonna experiment with duplicolor especially. I learned a lesson quick when I used duplicolor to paint the grill assembly on my 03 s10 to match indigo blue, came out f***in purple and looked awful, had to redo it correctly with PPG. Never go with the cheap route if you want good results the first time. So for me never again with duplicolor anything.

Thread Information