Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gun crew: Some scary black pistol goodness....

so walk us thur making/getting one. I am interested, actually going to buy my borther AR-15, or an ar-15 pistol. Was it that much more than a AR-15 rifile?

very sweet.

Well if you're going to purchase a complete like I did, it's no different than buying any other pistol. I have a CPL, so I didn't need a purchase permit. I just ordered it from my FFL, he placed the order and then sent it to my local FFL to complete the transfer for me. It's just that simple. They usually a little less or the same price as building a AR-15.

It's just a 10.5" LAR-15 A4 with an optional hand gaurd that can be found here:

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=231

Now if you want to build one, it's a good idea to buy a virgin lower, and have it registered as a pistol before you buy anything else. You don't want a short upper laying around with out the pistol lower first, could land you in some hot water.

Any other questions feel free to ask!
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Nice!
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Well the buffer tube is needed for function. You can buy piston pistols, so they don't have the buffer tube, but then you're limited on parts and at the mercy of the manufcatuer to get spare parts if something breaks. With this, all of it's parts are interchangeable with any of my AR-15's.

Oh and I don't know why libs think they're scary, ask them.
    I'm very well aware of the function I'm just commenting that it looks strange and unappealing for my taste in gun pron and that I don't see the need for one other than to just have one and show off.

Okay, it was a joke about liberals finding firearms scary.
    Joe formerly easy2cy
    '06 Ford Focus ZX5 5spd

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by easy2cy View Post
    It's a reference to the ongoing "evil black rifle/scary black rifle" joke because for some reason... because it LOOKS like an M-16, the anti-gun crowd freaks out about an AR-15, but won't look twice at something equally as deadly, but "less scary" like an SKS. To the antis... a semi auto AR15 or AK is a "machine gun" and an SKS is a hunting rifle.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

if you want to build one, you will need to buy a striped, never assembled lower, and after you buy it, if you have a CPL, fill out a RI60 with yourself as seller and buyer, same with a purchase permit for those without a CPL, I waited till I knew what barrel i was going to use, then filled it out with the barrel length I used, I have recently heard of people writing "assembled from parts? and had no issues
    ASE Master Certified Technician

I'm very well aware of the function I'm just commenting that it looks strange and unappealing for my taste in gun pron and that I don't see the need for one other than to just have one and show off.

Two reasons off the top of my head:

1. You can't have a loaded AR-15 in your car unless you're a LEO. This is a way around that since it's registered as a pistol.

2. You can't have SBR's in MI. Nothing under 16". This is a way around that.
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Two reasons off the top of my head:

1. You can't have a loaded AR-15 in your car unless you're a LEO. This is a way around that since it's registered as a pistol.

2. You can't have SBR's in MI. Nothing under 16". This is a way around that.
    It's not really a way around that because it's not a rifle anymore. You can't have a stock on it. With that short of a barrel how accurate is it? I'd rather carry a normal pistol with two extra magazines of ammo. You gonna shoot it from your car? What's the point? It's too big to carry concealed so it'd have to stay in the car.

Ah, whatever it's pointless to me. Don't let me get in the way of you guys enjoying those "pistols" though... it's your right to have them and if you like it good for you.
    Joe formerly easy2cy
    '06 Ford Focus ZX5 5spd

It's not really a way around that because it's not a rifle anymore. You can't have a stock on it. With that short of a barrel how accurate is it? I'd rather carry a normal pistol with two extra magazines of ammo. You gonna shoot it from your car? What's the point? It's too big to carry concealed so it'd have to stay in the car.

Ah, whatever it's pointless to me. Don't let me get in the way of you guys enjoying those "pistols" though... it's your right to have them and if you like it good for you.
    Uh yeah, trust me, you won't.
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Forum Member

I would guess it's almost as accurate as the same setup on a rifle at 50/100 yards. And way more accurate than a regular handgun.

You could stick it and couple mags in a murse. 30 rounds in each, much better than the 12-15 from a pistol. Although a Glock with 30-rounders would be a good debate.

Thread Information