Thread: rear end question?

Default rear end question?

I have a 91 s-10 balzer 2wd 2 door with a v 8,I was wondering what's a good relacement for it,I have a 9" out of a 72 mach one but I'm not sure on width yet,let me know what you think would be a good replacement,or is there a good upgrade for the stock 7.5

anything would be a upgrade from the 7.5 10 bolt, but a 9" would be great, get the tubes shortened to the right width, and get some aftermarket axles, mosers are actually reasonably priced
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Where is a good place to get this done,I can weld and all that good stuff but I was told it needs to be done in a jig.is there a rear that is a direct bolt in out of another model.only makin about 350 horse max

how you going to drive it?

there is always a 8.5 out of a newer s10 blazer, they came in some manual trans trucks, not sure if they came in any 2wd, but FYI, the 4x4 was 4" wider then the 2wd, and the zr1(BlaZRer) was roughly 8" wider then the 2wd IIRC

for your power level, try to find one of these 8.5" 10 bolts, and if it is a new enough one, it will likely have disc brakes too
    Last edited by dave89iroc; 07-06-2010 at 08:26 PM.

I'm not planning on any trips to the track but I will be driving it hard on the streets, afriend said a 8.8 out of a fox will fit its about an inch wider he said.he said he just bought new spring perches and axles,if I do this what do I do about brake drums if I get a chevy pattern on the new axles ?
    Last edited by mikesfastss; 07-07-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    I'm not planning on any trips to the track but I will be driving it hard on the streets, afriend said a 8.8 out of a fox will fit its about an inch wider he said.he said he just bought new spring perches and axles,if I do this what do I do about brake drums if I get a chevy pattern on the new axles ?
    an 8.8 will work, and for the drums, you just get 10"(measure brakes on the 8.8 to verify) chevy brake drums, hell, the ones off the 7.5 might be the ones that fit

Thread Information