Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Bushings to Run?

Quote Originally Posted by black88coupe View Post
    Poly bushings would be easier to install. Especially with the rear still in the car. You'll have to burn the old bushings out.

Yeah I figured so much on the burning out. Do you know if the bushings for the megabites are the same size as oem bushings?

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by Det_Riot View Post
    Yeah I figured so much on the burning out. Do you know if the bushings for the megabites are the same size as oem bushings?
    Not 100% sure, but I don't think so.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

Hmm well I gues new question is does anyone know what size bushings are needed for hpm megabite jrs?!

Hmm well I gues new question is does anyone know what size bushings are needed for hpm megabite jrs?!
    That's no big deal. Just take them out and call someone like Energy Suspension and give them the measurements off them. You might get lucky and find a number molded into them that they can reference. Not a big deal at all. Those aren't any kind of special bushing. It's most likely a generic poly bushing.

Got the bushings, went with harder oem replacements, see how these turn out, in the meantime I'm having issues getting the existing upper control arm bushings out (housings and all need to come out) Other than beating it with a hammer, suggestions?

I think when I did mine I just collapsed the bushing shells and knocked them out.

Got the bushings, went with harder oem replacements, see how these turn out, in the meantime I'm having issues getting the existing upper control arm bushings out (housings and all need to come out) Other than beating it with a hammer, suggestions?
    FYI- Make sure you measure before you knock them out. They only go in so far. Not all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by black88coupe View Post
    I think when I did mine I just collapsed the bushing shells and knocked them out.
    BTW- That was after the bushing was out of the shell.

Haha yeah i got the oem's off and the inner sleeve literally fell out. Cut the rest of it with a hacksaw....then had a hell of a time getting em back in. Ended up getting the passenger side with a ball joint press.
    Then put the clutch/flywheel/trans in, Went to do do the other side and everything went great taking it out. Putting it back it ran into a little bit of trouble because of how the rear end is shaped. Ended up getting the bushing pressed in with a but 1 3/4" wrench on the backside of it.....well didn't think out the fact that after the bushing was pressed into the rear end, it pretty much locked the wrench into place.
    Then I couldnt get the joint press to push it back out. Ended up having to cut it out with a torch. Needless to say my car is still up on jackstands for yet another night....argggggg

u can get the ply bushings or if u wana be a bad ass run the solid suferical bushings i had em both in my car and i like the suferical bushings WAY WAYYY better ull see a traction and a stiffness diffrence in your car too

Thread Information