Thread: help with traction issues

Forum Member

Default help with traction issues

i just went out to ubly this past saturday, the conditions weren't too good for racing, and that really showed in my times. i could barely get into the 1.8's for 60 foot times, my best was a 1.88. at mid michigain i've gotten consistent 1.6's, my best being a 1.63. i sprayed in thrid and fourth gear and picked up 5mph in my trap speed, but i couldn't break 11's, fastest time was a 12.06, when compared to running an 11.9@115 on motor at mid michigan. I'm trying to figure out why my car got such horrible traction here(it also can't hook on the street).

at ubly i was launching around 3k and dumping the clutch, spun some and got 1.9 60's on average. at mid mich i was launching at 4.5k, dumping the clutch, hooked and got 1.65 averages. i was thinking my limiting factor could be my tires, i have mt et streets 26x11.5x17's, but they're only on an 8" rim, so not all of the tire is actually hitting the ground since its on such a thin wheel. think this could be my main issue?

my suspension mods include:
    front-strange adj struts, 4cyl springs, no front sway bar
    rear-team z lowers, hpm adj uppers, stock v8 springs, air bag in right rear, no sway bar, sfc's, lakewood 50/50 shocks

anything you see that could be majorly holding me back on the street or on a badly prepped track? my next thing is to ditch the lakewood shocks and get some strange adjustables. then eventually finish off the rear with teamz relocated uppers and anti roll bar.

my buddy was there sunday and didnt have any traction issues
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    my buddy was there sunday and didnt have any traction issues
    that's what i'm sayin, my friend was there too and got great traction. that's mainly why i think somethings off.

and what was he drivin? weren't many people there i'm sure i'd remember it.

Forum Member

tires worn?

there was just a thread on how to get a car to hook, I think they said to just put some weight in the trunk

gonna have the baddest small block NOS car

how much psi did u have in the tire ?

have you ever swapped rear tires from left to right. That helps. Also watch your tire pressure with that rim and tire size combo. you can run into tire cupping. were the center of the tire cups on launch. dont go to low. If you have a stock sway bar for the rear put it back on and 4cyl springs in the back. I've ran a best of 1.53 60 with the hp uppers and lowers, stock sway bar and 50/50s on 275-50-15 drag radials in a 12.10 car. aved around 1.59.

Thread Information