Thread: What's everyone using???

Default What's everyone using???

Think i have my notch sold and gonna pick up a Monte Carlo....i was wondering what brand paint everyone is using/likes to use....also would like to know if anyone has used PPG's Omni line of paint???

Omni Is a pretty decent paint, If you have a PPG Platinum Distributor near you, They should have the Shop-Line available. Which is a step above Omni in pretty close to the same price range. Its what I used pretty much 80% of the time and its good stuff especially for the price. Your looking around $150 for a gallon of clear hardend, which is a gallon and a half sprayable, And with the right tecniques lays right out. $23 for a gallon of reducer and usually around $40-75 for a quart of base.
    '00 Stage 2 Roush Mustang 2v Swap...
    '04 YFZ450- Turbo Stock Bore
    '04 Sierra 2500- CCSB LB7
    '01 Blazer- 5.3 Project/Garage decor

Twister Racing 2k13

Not cheap stuff but it's top of the line

Glasurit or Diamont for solventborne

Onyx or 90-line for water
    I have a bad case of Automotive A.D.D.

WWW.DETROITRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    Now this is an acceptable use of photos and video's in the Pub.

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Quote Originally Posted by slideways View Post
    Omni Is a pretty decent paint, If you have a PPG Platinum Distributor near you, They should have the Shop-Line available. Which is a step above Omni in pretty close to the same price range. Its what I used pretty much 80% of the time and its good stuff especially for the price. Your looking around $150 for a gallon of clear hardend, which is a gallon and a half sprayable, And with the right tecniques lays right out. $23 for a gallon of reducer and usually around $40-75 for a quart of base.
    Pretty much what he said. Shop line is a good bang for your buck. I used it on my leased Dakota I had to do some touch up on. I used the PPG Deltron line on my Coronet. I'm no pro, I just enjoy doing body and paint work.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

I've always used Dupont Chromabase paint and Nason clear or Nason Ful-Thane Urethane single stage. I've never spent big money on top of the line paint, then again I've never heard of the brands smooth mentioned. I guess it all depends what colors you want and how much you wanna spend.

Thread Information