Page 880 of 894 FirstFirst ... 380780830870876877878879880881882883884890 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 8931

Thread: Post a picture of your latest purchase.

Yeah, I kind of settled on the EXPS3-2 and Holosun 510C in green (green gets you a real warranty vs the red, plus sucks with astigmatism a little less). The EXPS3-2 has the second dot which is helpful for aiming at a distance. The -4 sucks without a magnifier because as you get old everything blends together. The -0 isn't helpful if you have a magnifier. And yeah, the risers and the EXPS3 is handy for wearing wizard eyes/noodles. Plus the EXPS2 isn't that much cheaper.

I still have a bunch of old Sightmark (don't laugh, a decade ago when I bought them they were actually decent) that are slowly getting replaced. But everything else has been sold and replaced with a EXPS3-2 or Holosun 510C.

The Roam upper receiver as pictured weighs 7oz less than an Aero M5 with V7 Weapon Systems ultralight parts (forward assist, door, rod). By the time you buy all the V7 parts you end up at the same price as the Roam upper... but still like 180g heavier. Or the same weight as adding the Unity OMNI and the riser (both of which are way heavier than they should be but they're lazy with machining unlike V7 which know where to carve... and even their sister company Dark Hour Defense that just uses the V7 machines when they're not busy does a nice job).

I wish the G45 had a slightly larger eyebox and I wish the Unity Omni stowed the G45 a tiny bit lower when flipped down OR had a thinner arm... but oh well. Still have a shitty pinch point also.

I sold my G33s and old Unity mounts for a pretty penny in anticipation of the new Unity Omni and bought some G43s for the AR15s. I'm kind of regretting that now because the Omni isn't that great, but the tiny body of the G43 is a huge improvement over the G33 for the short receiver of an AR15.

Once you get used to having the optics on a riser you kind of like them. It's real easy on a AR15 because of there being no recoil and you appreciate the "heads up" part more but with a 308 you have a lot more recoil and where you stuff the buttstock matters more.

image000000 (2).jpg

Finally got this today after a 4 month wait.

Very top of my bucket list of guns to own, the Noveske Space Invader pistol in factory bazooka green. Got a little damaged in shipping so I have some work to do.

Last edited by jsxtreme; 05-02-2022 at 07:35 AM.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Quote Originally Posted by mustangjoe87 View Post
    image000000 (2).jpg

Finally got this today after a 4 month wait.
    Nice, Mine was ordered July 1 2021 build week is May 16th
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    Nice, Mine was ordered July 1 2021 build week is May 16th
    I'm guessing it's a hybrid than? I went Ecoboost because we wanted the AWD and max tow on this one. I will say that so far we love it, I am considering ordering another in lariat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Very top of my bucket list of guns to own, the Noveske Space Invader pistol in factory bazooka green. Got a little damaged in shipping so I have some work to do.

How have you felt about Noveske stuff, on average? I have never had any of their whole rifles, never even seen one in person, but I do like their attention to detail on the bits that matter and have procured many a pieces. Kind of why I like V7/former Noveske employee... attention to detail.

I lied, I picked up some better friends than the Sharps BCGs I was thinking. Figured I already spent a fortune, no sense in stopping now.

Hoping between a SLR titanium gas block, the JP VMOS BCG, and the JP SCS I can get it both physically light and light on the recoil. Probably going to end up being a bit spendy tuning to get there but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangjoe87 View Post
    I'm guessing it's a hybrid than? I went Ecoboost because we wanted the AWD and max tow on this one. I will say that so far we love it, I am considering ordering another in lariat as well.
    Yep Hybrid XLT, Luxury ordered before the changes so i still get spray in liner and the cheaper price, Build date was just moved to Late May looking like almost one year from order to delivery
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

61zu8r0T9BL._AC_SX679_.jpg

After years of saying "I can welding anything but TIG" I decided it's time to learn. Now I just need more time to practice. Been watching a ton of videos learning the "dos and don'ts".
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

Quote Originally Posted by 1fstfox View Post
    61zu8r0T9BL._AC_SX679_.jpg

After years of saying "I can welding anything but TIG" I decided it's time to learn. Now I just need more time to practice. Been watching a ton of videos learning the "dos and don'ts".
    Pro Tip (not really, I'm no Pro) but you can use your TIG torch for heating stuff up when you're out of OxyAcetlyne.

Just make sure you wear welding sleeves or you'll give yourself a hella sunburn.

This is all theory, it's not like I just did this for real, hypothetically 2 weeks ago removing busted exhaust studs off 95 Camaro manifolds...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Thread Information