Page 882 of 893 FirstFirst ... 382782832872878879880881882883884885886892 ... LastLast
Results 8,811 to 8,820 of 8928

Thread: Post a picture of your latest purchase.

Cool

^^^ Nice!

Back from a cerekote tune up.

1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

What was damaged on the Cerakote before? I've been dabbling in Cerakote again but with an airbrush this time.... and have almost mastered tungsten and magpul odg. Going to try magpul fde and microslick next. Apparently other than the pearl looking one those are good samples of the hardest colors to paint.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    What was damaged on the Cerakote before? I've been dabbling in Cerakote again but with an airbrush this time.... and have almost mastered tungsten and magpul odg. Going to try magpul fde and microslick next. Apparently other than the pearl looking one those are good samples of the hardest colors to paint.
    A couple of the mags (those are steel) came loose in shipping and bounced around. Put some dings in it and chipped some cerekote. The rail had to be completely redone twice. First guy couldnt match the color of the receivers.

I've got a new AR I'd like to get cerekoted if you want something to play with.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    I've got a new AR I'd like to get cerekoted if you want something to play with.
    I wouldn't hate the idea of doing a different color on my AR pistol. The FDE on my Aero is pretty nice and matches the Magpul FDE pretty close so I'm happy with it.
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

It's a PITA to match Cerakote. You need to shake it a lot and make sure you use the right size filter. Otherwise the solids don't get mixed in evenly and it changes the color tremendously. And once you've messed up the ratio (by not mixing enough) it will forever haunt you using that can of paint going forward. It can also affect the "matte" of it. I have some magpul odg that came out shiny and darker than it was supposed to be so that was a lesson learned.

I'm still trying to learn the finer parts of using an airbrush with Cerakote. It's easier to do with my auto paint guns (Tekna Prolite) but it's super wasteful. Even with lots of spilling due to my sausage finger hands trying to pour the paint out of a nalgene bottle through a filter into a 3/4 oz paint cup I still use half the paint compared to using my Tekna with the smallest dekups.

Picked up this 2011 Ram 1500 this weekend. Needs some upgrades, but it's the nicest truck I've ever owned.

riJyfB8.jpg
    hYYiZH0.jpg
    BZkp9gn.jpg

Good looking truck! Keep an eye on the headliner in the rear corners. The 3rd brake light is prone to leaking.
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

The money pit just got a little deeper.

champ.jpg
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Awesome!

-Geoff