Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SBC swap into a fox

Ide do it for sure

I've got an 18 degree SB thats on the stand ready to go. I figure if I do anything to my fox body, it would cost about the same or more to get the same power as the 18 Degree that I've got that's already been dyno'd. If I switch to a carb'd Ford motor, I'd have to do all the same fuel system changes that I would have to do with the chevy swap along with headers and upgraded radiator and trans. If I leave it injected, I'm going to have to spend a bunch to for computer tuning along with the radiator, trans and headers. Again costing the same or more than the chevy swap. One thing I'm not trying to do is get in a debate of chevy vs. fords. On any given day either one can be great performers. I just already have a built SBC and by the time I spend the money to get a ford to the same power levels as my SBC, I could have made the swap.

So sell the mustang and get a camaro or s-10.

Quote Originally Posted by 1nine84GT View Post
    lol^ randy ur funny as hell.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1nine84GT View Post
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by ph05gt View Post
    I've got an 18 degree SB thats on the stand ready to go. I figure if I do anything to my fox body, it would cost about the same or more to get the same power as the 18 Degree that I've got that's already been dyno'd. If I switch to a carb'd Ford motor, I'd have to do all the same fuel system changes that I would have to do with the chevy swap along with headers and upgraded radiator and trans. If I leave it injected, I'm going to have to spend a bunch to for computer tuning along with the radiator, trans and headers. Again costing the same or more than the chevy swap. One thing I'm not trying to do is get in a debate of chevy vs. fords. On any given day either one can be great performers. I just already have a built SBC and by the time I spend the money to get a ford to the same power levels as my SBC, I could have made the swap.

if you are putting a 18* sbc in a fox body,,,,,that car is going to f---in fly!!!!! good luck to you sir!

sbc mustang.......ftmfw

Quote Originally Posted by ph05gt View Post
    No I agree, that's why I asked if you already have a good one. If you didn't, I'd say the Ford would be the way to go, but if you already have an 18 deg sbc then for sure that would be cool. I have two Mustangs, one is Ford powered and one is Chevy powered.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    No I agree, that's why I asked if you already have a good one. If you didn't, I'd say the Ford would be the way to go, but if you already have an 18 deg sbc then for sure that would be cool. I have two Mustangs, one is Ford powered and one is Chevy powered.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by bigg View Post
    sbc mustang.......ftmfw
    I wish I had one!!

Thread Information