Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: Rebuilding the coupe!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP. View Post
    I took Friday off work to go watch my buddy Kevin run his yellow Gremlin at Milan in Outlaw 632. I'm curious about the class, and will probably try it once I get things sorted out a bit. The fireworks weren't bad, but we left about 12:30am midway through first round elim's. Yeah, things were moving super slow...

[IMG]20180706_222044 by Joe Pinsoneault, on Flickr[/IMG]

But I did get a little inspiration, and dropped in the engine/trans to start the new plumbing and wiring required with the updates. Alot of the braided lines are 10 years old, so time to replace some hoses. The wiring will be mostly the same as before, other than a few minor changes such as the front mounted fuel pump and generally cleaning things up to look better. The radiator sits roughly 5" lower than before, so I need to find an inline filler cap housing so the cooling system works correctly.

[IMG]20180709_134725 by Joe Pinsoneault, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180709_134528 by Joe Pinsoneault, on Flickr[/IMG]
    What did you paint the bars with? and what was your prep process?

All the round tube is painted with Rustoleum "hammered" finish silver spray paint. Just scuff with a Scotchbrite pad then wiped down with wax and grease remover. Great adhesion and coverage, and easy touch up if there's any chips.

Thread Information